S(in his mind): Honey! Is this why she's dressed up today? Stop it shivaay, stop reading her messages.

He returned the phone before he could be tempted to read more.

S: Have you picked out a date for the opening?

A: Yes, 1st March

S: okay

Her phone rang again

A: I have to go

S: Let's go. I'm heading home anyway

Liar. He wasn't leaving, he just wanted to see who "Mr idiot <3 " was, who was waiting for her outside.

They left together, passing courteous smiles to each other on the way.

Shivaay spotted a guy standing next to a car, waving at Annika. She went ahead and gave him a quick side hug. Shivaay stood at a distance acting like he was on a call while waiting for his driver.

A: Shivaay!

Annika came forward with the guy

A: Shivaay, this is Neil, he's a friend of mine. His team is working on the application.

Neil: hello Mr Oberoi, nice to meet you

They shook hands, Shivaay held his hand a tad bit tighter than he should have. Neil winced but kept smiling.

S: Good work with the app.

Neil: You heard that right (he said to Annika)

A: Yes, and your team already got the payment

S: She hadn't paid you yet?

Neil: Oh she'll pay me in kind (he looked at her with a goofy smile)

Both Annika and Shivaay couldn't believe what he just said. Annika stared at him angrily.

S: I have to take this call, bye guys

He walked a few steps ahead and hid behind a pillar when he heard her shout

A: You idiot, what is wrong with you?

She hit him on his arm and back a few times

Neil: Arey stop na Annika, it's hurting

A: Why would you say such double-meaning things? Already he doesn't think very highly of me, what will he think now? He probably thinks I'm a freak and now you've made it worse.

S(in his mind): That's not true at all. I don't think like that. You're independent, resilient, hardworking, compassionate, and just a little hard to deal with.

Neil: Stop hitting me yaar

A: I'll pay you in kicks, you pig. Who needs enemies when I've got a friend like you? You just wait, I'll tattle to your beloved girlfriend. Then we'll see what she does to you