Chapter 7 - You

NOTE: Y/N's magical ability is to enhance. (Ex: they can enhance their reading speed.)

Suggested by: mmmmmmmmmdontcare

"The miracle is dying because of you."

Alma slightly gasped and stepped back as huge cracks began to form between them.

I wanted to stay in my hiding spot, but the house was literally falling onto itself. How could I not help?

Mirabel looked behind he adults. "Y/N-?"

"No, no, no!" Pepa cried, gesturing towards the cracks forming up the walls towards the candle perched in the window of Alma's bedroom.

Mirabel, Camilo, and Isabela all run towards the candle as Casita pushed me out of the front door.

I watched as Isabela and Camilo fail to get the candle, but Mirabel won't give up.

Slipping, but with Casita's help, Mirabel grabs the mostly-melted candle right before the house collapses. She falls, sliding down stairs. A shield of doors, tables, and drawers scoots on top of Mirabel, preventing her from getting hurt as the house crumbles to pieces right on top of her.

I stand silently, held by Julieta and Agustín as they watch their daughter engulfed in dust from the now-destroyed Casita.

Mirabel sat there, looking at the candle as the flame went out. Casita waved her final goodbye as the shield fell apart.

"Mirabel!" Julieta cries, quickly going through the debris to her daughter. "Mirabel, are you hurt?"

Mirabel shook her head, candle still in hand.

"Julieta! Come quick!"

"Don't move!" Julieta said before scurrying towards Pepa.

"Y/N, are you hurt anywhere?"

"No, I'm fine." I said, taking my eyes off Mirabel and looking at Julieta.

Julieta grabs a small bottle and turns around. "Mirabel? Mirabel!"

Mirabel just.. vanished. She was completely gone.

A day later..

We've been searching for a whole day. What happened?

"Mirabel!" Dolores cried, hands over her ears. "It's no use, I can't hear her."

I look up. "What do we do? What if she's gone?"

"I don't know." Dolores muttered.

Mirabel seemed to like me, so they asked if I could help search. I didn't expect the search to go on for this long. What if she's really gone? Outside the encanto?

I looked behind some trees to find a beautiful pond and an even more beautiful Mirabel sitting there. Was she.. crying?

I should get Alma. I thought.

I brought Alma to the pond and told her to stay there. "Mirabel?"

She lifted her head. "Y/N?"

"Yep, it's me."

She ran over and hugged me. "What did I do? Why did I do that?"

"It's not your fault, I promise." I gently placed her hair behind her ear. "Speaking of fault, there someone you should see."

"Someone I should see?" She wiped her eye with the back of her hand.

Alma stepped in front of the trees. "It was never your fault, mi vida."

"Abuela? What are you doing here?"

"Apologizing. Mirabel, we are broken."

"Abuela, there's no need to apologize!" She looked towards the colorful pond. "Actually, I think we have another chance."

"Another chance?" I asked.

Mirabel took Alma to a small leafy plant in the middle of the pond. An almost-golden butterfly rested on it.

Mirabel took Alma's hands into hers. "You lost everything. You suffered so much, all alone, so it would never happen again. We were saved because of you. We were given a miracle because of you. We are a family because of you. And nothing could ever be broken rat we can't fix together."

Alma looked at the water beneath them and back at Mirabel. "I asked my Pedro for help. Mirabel, he sent me you!"

She gave Mirabel a hug as a large flight of butterflies surrounded them.

Mirabel signaled for me to join them, but I refused.

As Mirabel helped Alma back to dry land, Bruno quickly entered on a horse. "It was never her fault! I gave her the vision! I was like, 'Go!' and she was like zoom! She only wanted to help! I don't care what you think of me but-"

Abuela gave him a huge hug. "I feel like I missed something important."

"Come on." Mirabel chuckled as they boarded the horse. "Y/N, you coming?"

"I'll be fine. I can just walk."

"Alright." They rode off.

I walked slowly, but it felt like I got there in two seconds!

"Y/N!" Mirabel waved me over. I walked to her and she gave me a small peck on the cheek. "Thanks. For everything."

"Y-yeah, no p-problem."

I cupped my cheek. A kiss??

End of chapter.

Author's Note:
Hey guys! So sorry I didn't post for so long, I've been really busy with projects and homework. I've also just not been really motivated to write. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, was longer than usual. Be sure to stay tuned for chapter 8!

 Be sure to stay tuned for chapter 8!

WORD COUNT: 759 words