Chapter 6: March 4th 12:15 PM

Start from the beginning

***

Xingqiu and Chongyun were walking to Xingqiu's house when they heard something.

"Oh, didn't you hear? Xingqiu and Lumine are dating now!" A random brunette said to a group of girls giggling.

What? Xingqiu thought. Seriously, what?

Xingqiu turned around and walked towards the group of girls, dragging Chongyun with him.

Chongyun was staring at Xingqiu, with a look of disbelief, shock, and confusion on his face.

"Excuse me? I'm...not dating Lumine." Xingqiu said to the girl.

The girl stared at him. "Wha—? Oh, yeah, okay. Um, I just heard it from my friend..."

Who started this rumor?

"Who's your friend?" He asked, as politely as he could.

"W-well, she's not really my friend...I just talked to her. Her name is Yae Miko."

Yae Miko!? From the Yae publishing house? No way...she's so strict and professional. At work anyways. The other part of his brain argued. But she's so playful and tricky outside of work.

"...That...can't be right," Said Xingqiu.

Tomo came over. "Who was it that just got a new girlfriend?" He looked at Xingqiu.

"Tomo, I'm not dating Lumine."

Chongyun did not know what to do. But Xingqiu did. He met Chongyun's eyes, silently asking him if he could them that they were dating.

Chongyun hesitated for a moment before nodding.

"I'm dating Chongyun." Said Xingqiu.

Tomo grinned. "And...I still haven't asked Kazuha, nor has he asked me...Should I be worried?"

"Fate has its own way..." Said Chongyun. He noticed that the brunette had slowly crawled away from the situation.

Xingqiu smiled and sighed, the rumor just a nagging voice in the back of his head. "Well, Chongyun, I think we'd best be on our way."

Chongyun agreed. He pulled out a frost blue popsicle to eat. He gave it a tiny lick.

The thing was...Chongyun checked all his foods for spice...but he instinctually trusted his popsicles, as they were...cold and refreshing. They had never failed him.

Chongyun choked. His tongue burned as the popsicle melted. He tried to not swallow but ended up choking so much that the spiciness burned down his throat.

Xiangling rigged my popsicles! Oh no—

Chongyun grinned as he jumped in front of Xingqiu to talk to Tomo. "Tomo!! What's up!? Have you tried Wangshu Inn's new Almond Tofu? They're delicious, calming, and smooth, like silk on your tongue. I suggest you try it! And say I recommended it, as you might get a coupon. I am the world's best martial art's company's manager's son after all!"

Tomo's eyes widened as he tried not to laugh. "Uh...yeah, sure. Um, Xingqiu...what...?"

Xingqiu's eyes sparkled and he attempted not to laugh. "This is the real Chongyun I've been trying to get out of his shell all this time!"