Chapter 1

You just stood there, no scared expression, no smile, if that's possible, just a blank face. You stood there for a few seconds before you realized what was happening.

You back up towards your desk and sit down. You do the one thing you could think of that was at least a little smart.

049 was confused. " What are you doing?"

You start going through a drawer. The music box, which you eventually stopped carrying around, caught your eye. You sigh before putting it up on the desk so it was out of the way and continued to go through the drawer.

You did not want to get stuck walking around with 049. And luckily you might not have to.

You finally found it. About a week before someone dropped a walkie-talkie. You hadn't gotten to return it yet, but it seems it is useful. You turn it on and hoped someone would hear you.

"  This is Dr. Y/N L/N, can anyone hear me? Over"

" Yes. Wait- how did you get the walkie-talkie? Over"

" Someone dropped it the other day. Over"

" What do you need? Over"

" I'm in my office. 049 is...here too. I need people down here to get it and take it back to its containment, Over"

" That thing really seems to like you... Over..."

" Oh shut up...Over..."

" We're coming... Over"

" Hurry up... over and out"

You look up to see 049's head tilted slightly in confusion.

" What did you expect? Anyway... They'll be here in maybe.. 5 minutes tops"

What... I don't think he knows what this even is...

But he's probably not gonna ask...

He was silent. 

" Look there are rules I have to follow. Why are you here anyway?"

" I thought it would be nice to stop by and say hello since I was passing by"

You rolled your eyes. You take the music box and go to put it back into the drawer.

" What happened to carry that around with you?"

" There's no point, I'm too busy to even care whether I do or don't"

" I thought it meant something to you to have it"

" That's why I haven't gotten rid of it. Now, can you just be quiet until they get here?"

Wait... What's stopping him from leaving?

Here we go...

" So... I'm sure I can probably guess but... What have you been up to?" you ask.

Can they get here any quicker?! Please!