11

Anna's POV
I could see myself getting closer with Cassidy. Yet the amount of people actually realize because I've been hanging out with her is too much.

Once during lunch we did a regular schedule. She sat wherever she wanted and I sat with my friends.

I saw a bunch of people go up to her and I could tell she was panicking. Everyone asked her if she was my girlfriend which we weren't even in the talking stage just because I hung out with her for like two days.

"Hey... Psst. I didn't know you and the basketball star was dating?" I heard behind me.

People of all my sides starting to whisper. And I got really tired of it since it's been happening for the past weeks.

"We're not dating!" I yelled and I managed to catch the teacher's attention.

"Miss... do you need to go outside or to the office for interruption?" She asked me and I sat back down shaking my head no.

At lunch it was different. Cassidy was not there but when I was passing the gym to go to my next hour early I saw her and the coach.

"Yeah?! You wanna run more!" The Coach yelled at her.

"N-No sir..." she said out of breath.

"I want 50 layups. And do it all within 80 tries." He said and I kinda just stood there watching her go up and down the court with the ball.

15 minutes has passed and she only makes 35 witching the 60 tries. She looked at me but the only reaction I got was her head shaking no.

She was exhausted before I felt a hand on my shoulder making me jump.

It was coach Lance.. my coach.

"Stop it. It's lunch for her. Your gonna make her practice during lunch?" She said as the basketball coach looked at me.

"You idiot." He said walking towards me.

But before he could get to me the principal showed up. Cassidy fell out of exhaustion. My coach helped her go to the training room which was right across from the gym.

She said she could rest there for the day. The basketball coach was nearly on his last warning yet I realized that... the principal was the basketball's coaches brother?

I stayed in the training room with Cassidy quite awhile in case if she ever woke up. But Coach Lance made me go to my last class which was only just across the training room because it was gym class.

Coach Lance put me in charge because she wanted to talk to Cassidy first. After half the class the basketball coach yelled for Dawson. Who was nowhere to be found. She must have went home...

Cassidy's Pov
"Has... Coach Lee. Ever sexually harassed you?" Coach Lance asked me as I thought about it.

I thought it was normal for coaches to act like this. To push your harder but I had a feeling like he was pushing me too hard. I drop dead every time he tells me to run and at this point basketball is just not so fun anymore.

It's more of task yet I kinda like that. It gives me something to do instead of sitting in my room and reading a book 24/7.

"No... ma'am I don't think so." I said and she sat next to me on the bed.

"Has he ever... tried to maybe unclothe you?" She asked.

"He only did that when he was looking at my injury 4 games ago." I said and she started to write down on her little notepad she had.

"And has coach ever physically hit you in anyway?" She asked me.

"No not really..." I said and she nodded.

"How many times has he worked you on times that's not practice." She asked me.

"Lost count..." I said and she nodded.

"We'll get you taken care." She said and I shook my head no.

"Don't fire him... he's a good person. I believe he is." I said and she frowned.

"He is not who you think he is. Miss Dawson." She said and I shook my head no.

"No he is. He helped me talk when I couldn't. Please he's just pushing me a little too hard that's all." I said and she sighed.

"I don't think your seeing what I'm seeing..." she said and I shook my head no again.

"He's not a bad person. Please don't get him in trouble." I said and she sighed.

"Why do you not think he's a bad person." She asked me.

"He's been there for me since day 1 of highschool. And he's even got Harvard to offer me a scholarship to Harvard. Or Stanford." I said.

"He's also one of the few adults I trust. And that's not gonna change." I said and she nodded.

"I see... do you trust me?" She asked me and I looked at her.

"It's very long time to earn someone's trust. I trust you but I don't fully trust you with my secrets unlike him." I said and she nodded getting up.

"One more wrong move he makes. He's out." I said and I sighed.

"What if he takes me off the team because you fired him." I asked her.

"I'll make sure your still on the team... just go about on your day and keep your eyes on him alright?" She said and I nodded.

I trust my coach. Everyone should trust an adult besides their parents. Someone that could help them as much as parents could do on their own.

I do not believe my coach is a bad person...

A/n

I'm gay and I did not get any sleep last night 😃