Leaving Humanity Behind

Depuis le début

I climbed the large wall around the base before I knocked out a set of Hydra's guards and hid them from site. I needed to get inside. I swiftly followed another guard inside so I wouldn't have to unlock anything.

I followed him to a surveillance room, where I took down those soldiers before they set off any alarms. They had screens set up showing each of the rooms. I noticed a big room where many of the soldiers were held in cells. I was also able to see how many Hydra soldiers were on site. I also found a set of keys to unlock the prisoners. I quickly snuck out of that room before making my way to the men who were in their cells.

I climbed atop one and I scared the prisoners slightly.

I put my finger to my mouth to tell them to be silent so I could take down their guards. I did so quickly and quietly before opening the first cell.

"Who the hell are you?" One man asked.

"I'm Captain America." I whispered back before handing him a set of keys. "Let everyone out, then get to the armory, it's on the second floor, see if you can use their weapons."

"How do we know we can trust you?" Another man with a mustache asked.

"I punched Hitler over two hundred times." I joked. "If that counts for anything."

He laughed. "Sure."

An alarm began sounding after all the men made their way out of the cells.

"Everyone needs to get out!" I called out. "Hurry."

"Wait, there was a man taken to the lab today. Not many come out of there, but there is a chance he could still be alive." The soldier with the mustache pleaded. "Is there anyway you could try to get him out? He took my place to go and we can't just leave him there."

I nodded, no man would be left behind. "I can try. Get out of here." I hadn't seen a lab on the security footage, but I'd find where it was.

Lights began flashing and I began to hear the sounds of a battle outside as the men fought against the Hydra soldiers.

I ran through a large industrial area to get to where the soldier with the mustache said the man was. I ran through a room where there was a large map. It had a list of every base Hydra had. I quickly made a mental note about where they were before continuing on my mission.

Laying alone in the dark lab on an operating table was a soldier. I ran over to check to see if he was alive and began undoing the restraints holding him down. I almost screamed when I saw who it was.

It was Bucky. He was breathing thankfully, but he looked horrible. He had scratches and bruises all over.

"Bucky!" I shook him slightly. "Wake up, please wake up." I prepared to carry him.

His eyes fluttered open slightly and I breathed a sigh of relief. He looked at me slightly before smiling a little bit before exhaustedly asking, "Am I dead?"

"No, not yet." I said pulling him to sit up.

I helped him up. He looked at me fully in shock and I realized it might be the first time I'd ever been eye level to him. His legs seemed wobbly. "Rosie is that you? How are you so tall?"

I ignored his question. "I'll carry you if I have to, but we have to go." I said trying to help him stand.

"Carry me?" He asked looking confused, his feet became steady.

"Please Bucky we have to go." I urged as I led him out of the room. 

"It can't be my Rosie. I left my Rosie safe and sound in New York." He rambled.