Big Reveal and Plotting

Start from the beginning

“Tell us about your plan and findings first. We can talk nonsense later.”

~—•●•—~

“So it was him.”

“Yes...if you overlook the fact that he was....”

“They both are involved.”

“Li Taiyang must have been insane to agree to such a thing.”

“Is it true?” Both speakers turned towards the third occupant of the room, the one who had been eerily silent since the beginning of the conversation. With the black obscuring his face, the man in front of them had an aura that screamed danger and even Nie Huaisang, who was familiar with danger like one with an old friend, shuddered.

Not knowing whether a lie would save him or aggravate the other, Nie Huaisang nodded. Better to stay safe and tell the truth.

“And he was the one who sent those things?”

“Yes...”

“How did he enter Lan Zhan’s room?”

“I believe he used teleportation talisman. Lan Wangji’s room must have been tampered with, the arrays forbidding such talismans were disrupted to allow such a thing to happen. I had them checked.”

“You mean someone tampered with the protection arrays?”

“.....yes....”

“ That’s worrisome because Jin Ling....” It was Jiang Cheng this time. If the man had done something like that then he must have connections with the servants and other working staff.
And that was quite disturbing knowledge.

“Any idea about how Li Taiyang might have got his hands on such a huge amount of spiritual energy? As far as I know, there’s no way someone can use teleportation talisman three times without blacking out or worst, killing themselves.”

“I don’t know Wei Xiong. For all I know, he could have just walked in because none of my people were there when all this happened. As much as I needed intel, I cannot just....stalk Chief Cultivator, now can I?”

That was also true. But then how did Li Taiyang entered Lan Wangji’s room?

“What if....what if he didn’t.” Both Nie Huaisang and Wei Wuxian turned towards the Jiang Sect Leader, who looked like he couldn’t quite explain what he thought.

“What if he didn’t have to?”

“Jiang Cheng, are you implying that Li Taiyang didn’t enter Lan Zhan’s room himself or not at all ?”

“I don’t know. But do you think it’s possible to teleport something at a certain place without teleporting yourself ?”

Wei Wuxian drummed his fingers on the low table, considering the possibility.

"I am not sure. I never tried anything like that. Teleportation talismans was never something I meddled with considering the amount of spiritual energy it took but resentment.....” As if struck by a thought, Wei Wuxian stood up abruptly, startling his companions.

“Yes. That’s it! It’s the resentment!”

Jiang Wanyin raised an eyebrow at this, not having believed his little hypothesis to lead them anywhere.

“You mean he used resentment to teleport ? Is that even possible ?”

At this, Wei Wuxian turned away from them but from his clenched fists it was obvious he didn’t want to discuss more about it.