Chapter 1 New Professor

Start from the beginning

"Don't care!" I yelled back; continue to pull back the covers toward me.

"...there's foo-WHOA!" From my sudden jump off of my bed, Jennifer lost momentum for a moment before gaining her balance. I cannot deny myself food.

"FOOD!" I yelled and ran past her to the kitchen to see a large pile of warm food on the table. It was just waiting to be eaten mainly by me.

"Hey! Save some for me!" Jennifer rushes toward the kitchen and grabs herself a plate. Often our parents are gone for a long period, mainly from their work and dates, so my sister took upon the cooking duty. I'm not completely heartless to assist and cook some meals too.

"IT'S MY FOOD!"

"DON'T EVEN DARE, JON!"

Our lovely daily morning together before school starts, hooray.

--

Once we arrive in our classroom, Jennifer heads toward her friends while I head to an empty desk by the window, away from everyone. She knows I hate interacting with people at school. As much as I hate them, they tend to give the latest gossip and news across campus.

"I heard that virtual game is coming, later on, today."

"Yea, Second Life."

"Those in beta say it's awesome."

"Have you seen our new professor?"

"I heard him graduate really early because he's a genius and hot!"

I tuned them out while I mess around my desk, waiting for the professor to arrive and for the class to start. Wait...it comes out today and available after school? YES! I'm jumping for joy mentally, of course. The day that I, physically, do that in class would be the day I'll give practically everyone a heart attack. Emotionless Johnathan is acting like his hyperactive twin that would be today's headline. Heh, it would be annoying but amusing at the same time. That game was said to be the best modern technical game, EVER! To have you mind transport to a virtual world, and select a range of species and classes. Man, I can't believe I forgot about that!

I remember how it started...

--

(Flashback)

I was eating my lunch before my sister burst from her room and ran toward smiling at me.

"The game is going to come out soon!" Jennifer squealing then thrusts a magazine in front of my face.

"Sis, I'm eating!" I yelled at her to get that damn magazine away from my face and food. "Get it away from my food!"

"Look! The game, Second Life, is coming out soon!" She shoved that damn magazine at my face until I took it from her.

The pages contain flashy pictures and info. A virtual world! Experienced and played from a selection of races and classes. Explore the vast world, trade, live, and more come and join us in Second Life! More info on page xx!' I toss the magazine back to my sister. She quickly grabbed it and glared at me.

"Ok...so what," I said and resumed eating. Jennifer continues that pouting look. Don't care! Let me eat in peace!

"So what! You're going to play with me. You always play on your console and computer by yourself. Don't you see how awesome this product is?!" She huffs, "Once it comes out we will get it."

"Bu-" I didn't agree to this!

"No! Once it comes, we will buy and you will find friends!" Jennifer interrupted and scowled at me.