Chapter 2

"What the heck?" I whispered to myself.

He was panting heavily while wiping the sweat off his face. He is wearing a gray button-down long-sleeves but he just left the two buttons opened from the collar. His hair was, of course, messy. 

Doesn't he still know how to comb his hair until now?

"It's okay. Come here and greet your Ninong and Ninang." His mom said. 

Levi nodded and walked closer to my parents. He hasn't seen me yet because he was just looking directly at my mom and dad. 

"Mano po. Pasensya na po kung pinaghintay ko kayo." He said.

"Oh, there's no problem with that, iho. Don't worry." My mom told him.

"Levi, you may sit beside Alora para makapagsimula na din tayong kumain." His mom said.

He was stunned after his mom said that. He slowly turned around and looked in my direction. I felt my heart starts to beat so fast while I was gripping on my dress below the table. I almost stopped breathing when our eyes locked on each other. He blinked two times and cleared his throat before walking towards the chair beside me.

My dad was talking about something but I can't understand it well. I wonder what my pulse is now, cause my heart was thumping out of my chest through most of it. I bite my lower lip and close my eyes for a second.

"Ayos ka lang?" I opened my eyes and looked at the person beside me. He was just staring at me while his brows were furrowed. I cleared my throat before talking.

"Yes," I answered shortly. I quickly divert my eyes from him and start eating.

"Since we're all present now, Let's start talking about what's going to happen at the wedding." My mom said excitedly. I was stunned in my seat and my brows furrowed.

"What wedding?" I asked.

My parents looked at each other and my mom smiled at me.

"We're arranging a marriage for you and Leviticus." She was smiling widely. 

My eyes widened as my jaw dropped. I looked at this guy beside me and he has the same reaction as me. He also looked at me so now, we are both staring at each other with wide eyes.

"Aww. They look so cute!" We looked away when his mom said something.

"W-What do you mean by that, mom? You did not tell me anything about this." I said.

"Because I know you're going to agree right away. And this is also for you, Alora. When you and Leviticus get married, we are assured that you will have a bright future since we still don't know if you will have a future with that fashion design that you're trying to pursue." I gasped in shock as I couldn't believe what she just said.