2 - 𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚎

Start from the beginning

Excuse me... Since when did we look like we're getting along?

"Now, I'm wondering what getting along means for you, Geto-san," I sighed, earning an amused nod from Shoko. She set the food down along with Yume while I desperately tried to get a certain white-haired mop off my back.

"Gojo-san, please take your hands off me," I requested. He didn't budge at all and showed a mischievous full smile.

"How about no? Come on, let's be friends," he nudged, completely disregarding my discomfort over him invading my personal space.

"How about no and taking your hands off me?"

He was clearly doing this on purpose. He wanted to know what I could do as if being an Inumaki wasn't obvious enough, and that wasn't being friendly at all.

I looked straight into his sunglasses, seeing the outline of his eyes. I could sense he had protected his head against my cursed speech, but only very faintly. He must've been testing me while underestimating me at the same time.

What a bother. I guess I have no choice.

Hooking my index finger on the translucent veil covering my face's lower features, I tugged it down. The trademark of Inumaki clan, the Snake and Fangs, were surely now visible on my cheeks. After making sure I had adjusted the output of my cursed speech for a higher impact, I muttered in a low tone.

"Hands off."

His arm automatically slipped off my shoulder and went back to his side against his control, much to his surprise. I made sure to do it as quiet as possible so no one would notice, then I faced him.

"What...?"

Heh, serves you right, asshole.

Gojo stared at me with widened eyes, visibly confused. His noticeable lips parted. I understood the confusion. He did use protection against my cursed speech, but I still managed to get through. Unfortunately for him, he didn't pay attention when I was talking about my technique.

When I said I could control it, that was what I meant.

"You two, let's eat!" Yume called with her undying enthusiasm. I immediately took that chance to escape from Gojo's questioning gaze. An expected sharp pain pierced my throat as soon as I turned my back on him, a familiar tangy taste spreading through my mouth.

──❍──

Yume, my best friend, decided she'd sleep in my room tonight as she had always been uncomfortable sleeping in places she's not familiar with.

"(F/n)-chan." She excitedly plopped down beside me with a gossip in mind. "Did you know that Geto-san fought face to face with six curse users earlier this afternoon? Six of them! He's so..."

I chuckled, rolling my eyes. That was the least I could do to hide the agonizing pain in my throat. I really shouldn't have given in to Gojo's provocation.

The lack of enthusiastic reply was quick to make Yume sulk. "Why are you laughing?! It's a serious matter."

"Yeah yeah, the curse users could've been hurt." I flinched when my voice came out raspier than intended.

"Hey. (F/n), are you alright?" She sat beside me and placed a hand on my forehead, another on hers to compare our temperature. "You're burning! Stay there, I'll get Shoko-san."

I grabbed her hand and gave her a desperate look. "I'll be fine. I think it's just the weather or maybe stress."

"You're not fooling me one bit." Yume crossed her arms over her chest. "You rarely even get stressed. Did you use your cursed speech or something?"