Hanma // You got me

Start from the beginning

"Why not nowwwww?" You whined and he flicked your forehead.

"Just return here... then I'll tell you."

"I... I will be back." You sob in between your words. "For Shuji, I'll come back so wait for me, okay?"

"Okay."

"Promise?"

"Promise." The boy's cheeks suddenly felt hot so he pushed you away. He then looked to his side and pulled his hat down to hide his flustered face.

"Eh, I want more hugs."

"That's enough. You're leaving."

"Five more minutes."

"No."

"Ehhhh?" You spread your hands and walked towards him. Hanma panicked that you might see his face so he took his hat off and put them on your head. He pulled them down to cover your eyes.

"Ouch! That hurts! Remove this, Shuji! I can't see anything."

Hanma didn't budge as he remained holding the cap. He then leaned close to kiss your head. You stopped whining when you felt something warm touching your head. Even though there's a cap in between, you can still feel his warmth.

"What did you do?" You asked.

"I didn't do anything," Hanma answered and released the cap. You pulled it up to see him.

"You definitely did something." You then hand him back his cap.

"Keep it. so you won't forget about me and about your promise."

You smiled and patted your shorts, like you're looking for something. Hanma looked at you, confused. When you can't find anything, you reach for your hair clip. You then take his hand and put it on his palm.

"Here. I know it's lame but please keep this too so you won't forget about me."

★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★

You froze when your eyes met. You can't go wrong, it's him. Even though seven years had already passed, his eyes were etched on your mind.

You flinched when Hanma received a punch. His eyes went back to his enemy and punched the guy back.

He's fighting? He has bruises all over. His hands are bleeding. He was not like Shuji seven years ago.

"y/n! What are you doing? Why are you watching a fight? do you want to die?" Your cousin, Haya said and pulled you away from them. You couldn't think straight as you try to process what you just saw.

A couple of minutes passed you pulled from your cousin's grip. "I... I need to do something. I'll call you." You said and ran back to that alley.

"y/n, wait!" Haya shouted but you didn't listen. It's been a month since you moved back to Tokyo. You were searching for Hanma for weeks, You went to his old house but he's not there anymore. You've searched to his favorite spots but you couldn't find him.

You pant when you reach back to that alley. but to your surprise, he's not there anymore. You walk around to find him when you stumble from a foot. You look to your side and see him sitting behind a trash can. He's bleeding and heavily breathing.

"Shuji." You whispered and immediately crouched down. "Shuji! Are you okay? Oh god, you're bleeding. Let's go to the hospital. wait there, I'll call a cab."

You're about to run when he grabbed your wrist. "don't meddle on other people's business."

"You..." You paused and looked at him. He's beaten real bad, He has cuts and bruises on his face and his hair is long. "You don't remember me? I'm y/n."