🌷Chapter 02: One Surprise After Another🌷

Start from the beginning

"What was that about?" 'With the humans?' What were they? Leprechauns or something?

More importantly, who were those people? How did they know me? Why am I receiving this memory as soon as I put on this necklace?

"Mia? You in there, lass?"

I blinked several times before I realised that Kelsey and Brianna had tried getting my attention. "Oh, uh, sorry, I was just, um....admiring this necklace. Thanks girls, it's beautiful."

Brianna slowly nodded her head and exchanged glances with Kelsey. "Uh-huh, sure you were."

"Girls, we're here." Jack announced just before the train came to a stop at a small station.

🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀

We met Mr. Bagnell, an old friendly Irishman who will be taking us to the cottage that Jack and I will be staying in once we got off the train. He helped us carry our luggage to a cart with enough room for Kelsey, Brianna and I to sit at the back as Jack sat beside Mr. Bagnell at the front, who was driving the cart for us.

"So, was it a good trip then, all of you?" Mr. Bagnell asked politely.

"Yeah." Jack answered simply. "Yeah, it was fine, thanks."

"Not too much of the old turbulence, then?" Mr. Bagnell joked a little.

"No." Jack answered.

"On the airplane?"

"No, uh...it was okay."

"It was okay? Well, that's good. Must be a terrible thing to be bounced about like that." Funny you should say that whilst we're on this cart and hitting rocks and things. I thought I was going to fall off the cart for a moment earlier because of it.

Brianna shook her head. "Certainly not, Mr.
Bagnell. I don't think I'd ever want to be on a plane again, to be honest."

"Yeah, but at least we're back home now. We wouldn't have to worry about that at the moment." Kelsey agreed.

"It's good to have the two of you back here in Ireland. There's nothing like the smell of fresh air in the mornin', is there?" Mr. Bagnell said/asked.

"Better than waking up to busy streets with cars stuck in traffic on the main roads opposite us." I told him.

Jack looked at Mr. Bagnell in confusion. "Don't you have a car?"

Mr. Bagnell nodded. "Oh, yes, a fine one. But, er...I don't use it so much since the Fitzpatrick brothers got their van fixed. The traffics been too bad."

I smelt the fresh air and couldn't help but smile. I'm glad to finally be away from the city, even though it'll only be for the summer.

🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀

"Whoa there, here we go." Mr. Bagnell said as he pulled the cart to a stop outside the gate of the cottage Jack and I are meant to be staying in for the duration of our visit.

We climbed out of the cart and left our luggage there while Mr. Bagnell lead us to the cottage and opened the door for us before walking in himself. "There."

"Wow." Uncle Jack complimented.

Mr. Bagnell chuckled. "You have a way with words, Mr. Woods. You'll not see anything finer in the whole of Kerry."

"Whoa..." I marvelled as I looked around the inside of the cottage. "It's amazing!"

Kelsey grinned. "It is, isn't it? The fire will most definitely keep you warm during winter. No doubt about it."