Old Man

He had immediately cuddled up to me and fell asleep but I was still awake. I sighed as my mind went back to earlier today. I smiled. Phantom had let me see my friends and family. I was so happy. I purred before kissing Phantom on the forehead and then I went intangible and left the bed. I had alot of things to think about. Like my feelings for Phantom. I definitely didn't hate him anymore but at the same time I couldn't just excuse all of his behavioral issues could I? The dude was a total jerk and well.. I guessed I was too in some ways but atleast I held it in. Phantom was just. Feral. He was wild and unpredictable and I couldn't possibly let him stay like that if I ever planned to move back to the human realm, but then again he had been getting better lately. I sighed as I looked up right in time to notice that I had found my way back to the throne room. I snorted before heading to the kitchens where I ran into.. A ghost with a clock in his chest? I blinked for I hadn't seen this ghost before and he smiled at me.

"Daniel. It is nice to see you again." He said before turning to face me with a smile as his body changed from a child's to an old man's

I stared at him for a long moment before nodding. "It's uh. Nice to see you too?"

The ghost then gestured to me to follow him as he headed a random direction and I followed him. I kinda just felt compelled too. Like it was important. Like I had too.

We headed into the dungeons and then he paused. "I think it's important if you know some backstory behind Phantom." and then the ghost formed a blast in his hands that lit up the dungeon to reveal an old man with long white hair in a cage.

I blinked. "Who's this?" I said while walking up to the cage and the man stood up. 

"D-daniel?" He stuttered and I nodded before looking behind me where the clock-ghost smiled at me before vanishing.

The old man frowned before transforming into a vampire-like creature and forming a plasma blast in his own hands to light up the space. 

I blinked "Your possessed?" I said in confusion.

"No! I'm not possessed. I am halfa although that's not what matters right now. How did he bring you back to life?" The now vampire asked. 

I frowned. "Back to life? And what do you mean Halfa? I want answers old man. Why are you down here? I thought the dungeons were empty?" I growled

The old man merely stared before looking around and then he suddenly beamed. "I know. What if we make a deal? I'll give you answers but you have to let me out."

I shook my head immediately. "No. I am not letting you out. How do I know you aren't some old as dirt ghost with a vendetta? Or even worse. Some unpredictable asshole with issues?"

The ghost on the other side snarled and crossed his arms. "Fine. I suppose you have a point but. What if I have information that interests you?" He said with a glint in his eyes that made me shiver.

Which of course was when I heard a loud growl behind me and I turned to see Cujo snarling at me. Shit. I froze like a deer in the headlights. Behind me the old man chuckled.

"Looks like you have a decision to make, Daniel. I could help you." The ghost behind me said with a shine in his eyes.

I wanted Phantom. I didn't like this situation. It was either trust some creepy old dude or get eaten by Cujo and I honestly didn't know which one was worse. I shuddered before turning intangible right as Cujo jumped. I didn't even think about it as I ran. Behind me the ghost shrieked and I leapt up through the wall and landed in the bedroom. I didn't even think about it before sitting on the bed with a heavy breath. 

"You seem scared. What happened?" Asked Phantom's sleepy voice.

"Some clock ghost brought me to the dungeons and showed me an old ass man. Any idea who the either of those people were?" I asked.