In Which Sophie Gets a Wattpad-Approved Soulmate

I decided to do ONC! It's going to be hastily edited and not-totally-thought-out, but there's Werechipmunks so it can't be all bad, right?

In case you haven't figured it out, I'm using prompt 24: The werewolves thought they were the alpha creatures of the world with their supreme strength and prowess, until they come face to face with their match: the Wererabbits! (Or other were-creature of your choice) I'm going to go with Werechipmunks because, in my mind, chipmunks are scarier than rabbits, while simultaneously being weirdly cute.

Trigger Warnings: Violence and Mature Language (but nothing excessive)

I do stick little reminders to vote at the end of the chapter! These are intended to be reminders for the readers who might forget to vote, not commands, and I mean them with politeness and goodwill. I also appreciate constructive criticism if you feel like giving it. If you just feel like reading, that's totally okay too! Whatever support you're willing to give me is very much appreciated.

Now that we've got all of that out of the way, let's get started! 

Tobias's eyes were dark orbs, brimming with desire. "Mine," he growled.

"Is that your favorite word?" Emerazelda asked sassily.

"No," he said, in another deep, loin-tingling growl. "It's not. My favorite word is..."

"Yes?" She couldn't help but gasp. Her heart was jumping in her chest like popping corn in a microwave and her cheeks were the color of freshly-picked tomatoes. "My love?"

"Emerazelda. That is my favorite word."

"Aww! I love you too babe!" she said. They were married that weekend while her parents were out of town. She popped out six children by the time she turned twenty and they ruled over their pack wisely to the end of their days.

"Ugh." Sophie glared at her phone. What a stupid ending. Could Emerazelda even have six children in the space of two years? Maybe she'd had two sets of triplets. And had the author really thought 'loin-tingling' was a sexy word? 

Sometimes she wasn't sure why she stuck with Wattpad. Maybe it was the simplicity of it all, the promise that someday an attractive man who happened to be a werewolf and a billionaire would think her tendency to shove food into her mouth and her inability to speak up in class was the epitome of sexiness. Maybe it was the reliably happy endings or the lead characters you didn't have to worry about too much. Maybe it was the comment section—which never failed to get a laugh out of her—or the author's notes, which she found weirdly entertaining.

Whatever it was, Sophie was addicted. Since she'd downloaded the app two months ago, her grades had plummeted, her sleep schedule had gone on vacation, and her social life—which admittedly hadn't been that impressive in the first place—was at an all-time low.

"Sophie? Are you still there?" Cora waved a hand in front of her face. "You zoned out again."

Sophie stuck her phone in her back pocket. "I'm so sorry—What are we talking about?"

"The new guy." Cora jerked her head towards the front of the class. "What do you think? Will half the school be in love with him by spring break?"

Sophie snorted. "I doubt that—"

She looked up.

Oh.

The new guy had hair like molten copper. He had muscles that Sophie could see through his shirt and a tattoo snaking up his right arm. He even paid attention in class.

"Wow," she breathed.

The new guy's head snapped up. He turned in his seat and—Sophie's heart jumped—he winked in her general direction.

"Did he just wink at you?" Cora elbowed her. "Girl! You have to talk to him after class. I think his name is Nathan? Maybe Nate. Matt? Something like that."

The bell rung. About time. Sophie jumped from her seat. "Definitely not. Guys are scary. Plus, I have at least three fictional boyfriends and they can get really possessive." She swung her backpack onto her shoulder, adjusted her glasses on her nose, and set out with all the confidence of a literary heroine in a bookstore.

She walked right into Nathan-Nate-Matt.

His hand closed around her bare wrist, steadying her. His eyes were as dark as black coffee. "Mine," he growled.

Sophie blinked. "...Huh?"

Cora crossed her arms. "Yeah, like, ask her out to dinner first, dude."

"Right, sorry. I forget how you humans do things." Nathan-Nate-Matt cleared his throat. In a distinctly less growly voice, he said, "I'm a werewolf. You, girl with glasses who I'm holding hands with, are my soulmate. Want to get married after school today?"

Sophie wanted to be the kind of person who didn't lose all sense of reason at the sight of an attractive guy with tattoos claiming to be a werewolf. But she was also a seventeen-year-old virgin who'd never been on a proper date and she would take what she could get.

"Alright!" she said. "I'm Sophie."

"Great!" Nathan-Nate-Matt said. "I'm—"

And then—before Sophie could scream or assign a real name to Nathan-Nate-Matt—a giant chipmunk bit his head off.

Question of the chapter! What is your favorite thing about Wattpad? What is your least favorite thing about Wattpad?

Total Word Count: 675

Thank you for reading!

-Harley