𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑. Shopping Cart Test!

FOUR

FOUR.
Shopping Cart Test!

MARIANNA looked like a hot mess and prayed to God that no one hot from her school would come across her. Her bones were aching as she sluggishly pushed her cart of random crap around CVS, eyes slightly squinted as she tried to deflect the fluorescent lights from hurting her head. It was a Friday afternoon, usually a day that she would be cheerful about, but the school day had been especially rough on the girl.

Her teachers pity for the deli accident had seem to finally run out, as the day was filled with numerous lectures because of Marianna's failure to pay attention in her classes. Cheer practice was no exception as she was hit with a migraine that led to her inability to perform as well as she usually did. Coach Jans was particularly understanding but Coach Dawson did not give a shit that the girl felt like she'd pass out if she had to be a flyer.

Each box of medicine blurred together as she stared at them, unable to will herself to read their descriptions and pick one. She felt incredibly pathetic, tears threatened to fall from her eyes as her frustration grew.

"Are you alright hun?" Marianna was startled from her glare by a brunette middle aged woman. She was fairly beautiful and watched the teen girl from behind her clear glasses. Marianna feigned a small smile at the woman as she spoke apologetically, "Sorry, I'm probably in your way. I'm fine, I'm just tryna figure out what helps with migraines."

The woman smiled at Marianna warmly, "I give my nephew Ibuprofen, seems to be the most effective when he's hurting." The woman reached a little below Marianna and grabbed a small bottle. Marianna gave the brunette a soft smile as she took the bottle from her hands, "Thank y-"

"Hey, May I got the deodorant so we can check out-" Both girls turned to the new voice, a startled Peter Parker as he looked at Marianna in embarrassment.

"Hey Peter." Despite the gentle smile she was giving him, Marianna wanted to die inside. She was hoping to avoid hot people from school and yet she was face to face with the cute sophomore boy she recently became acquainted with. Peter had also wanted to die inside, deodorant was not an embarrassing thing whatsoever, but buying any hygiene product in front of Marianna seemed life crumbling. May studied the two teens as the awkwardly greeted each other, both unaware of how the other didn't want to be seen at the moment.

Marianna abruptly cut off their staring match by turning to May, "Thank you so much, I was struggling to read just now." May let out a soft no problem as the teen girl began to push her cart out of the aisle, giving Peter a soft smile and goodbye before she went to the cashier.

May raised an eyebrow at Peter and teasingly poked Peter, "Who was that young lady?" Peter groaned as he blushed, trying to deflect May's fingers.