[8] Her Highness

Reader POV

Satoru and I were walking in the palace gardens again as snow fell down onto the world.

"Are you sure you can go through this?" He asked me. "It's not too late to back out."

I nodded. "I'm ready."

He nodded and we separated paths. "Then I shall see you at the holy temple, (y/n)."

"Indeed."

Today was the day of his coronation, as well as the week before the Chinese Lunar New Year.

When I arrived at the holy temple, I was already dressed in an outfit as I was to wed him today.

And he already knows about my sons. We will raise them as our own."

I was escorted to another room and properly dressed by my maids, all of which were very excited.

"Oh Brita..." I sighed. "It's strange, you know. I always figured I would marry into a noble family as an arranged marriage, but I am marrying His Royal Highness out of my own free will."

"Yes," Brita smiled she placed the finishing touches on my crown. "You are to be crowned Empress."

I nodded. "Yes-"

Suddenly the door opened and I saw her parents Victoria and Albert Osborne entering, both wearing ceremonial garb.

"Our precious daughters," Victoria smiled at us even though her accent was very notable. "You both look so grown up. I suppose you are, considering you already have children. But to us you will always be our little girls."

Brita looked at her father who was trying his best not to cry. "Father, what's wrong?"

He shook his head and put his hands on both our shoulders. "(y/n)'s parents and us used to talk about when you two would get married and have families of your own."

"Yes. We are indebted to your parents," Victoria bowed slightly. "Had it not been for them, we would've been sold off to the Zenins or perhaps to the southwest as slaves."

"Mother, you never told me that!" Brita exclaimed.

"Well now that Lady (y/n) is to marry Prince Satoru, we have no reason to hide anymore as we are placed under the official protection of the imperial Gojo royal house as servants," Albert explained. "Otherwise the Zenins would've...let's just say you would not exist, Brita. Nor been educated in five languages fluently in writing and speaking."

"The Lings have done so much for us," Victoria continued. "They could've chosen to keep us as slaves as we were sold off as, but no. They gave us back the money they used to purchase us from the black market, telling us we were free and could do whatever."

"Not only that but they treated you like their own daughter," Brita's father nodded in agreement with his wife. "And educated all three of us. How could we not stay? They saved our lives."

Brita was taken aback. "I had no idea...I was so wrong about everything."

I noticed something flash in her eyes and I drew away. "Brita, what's wrong?"

She looked away and clenched the brush. "I...I have done someting terrible."

Victoria looked at her daughter with worry. "What is it, dear?"

Brita looked at me with fear in her eyes. "I have foolishly gone and told the Zenins where you reside...Prince Naoya has a plan to take you-and your children! He knows!"

"Oh Brita...why would you do such a thing?" Albert lamented.

"I had no idea...I had spent almost my entire life hating the Lings," Brita said softly. "I am sorry. I-"