Possessive Kid- 2

Virat tried to call Mahi again but he didn't picked up. The real reason of Mahi not picking up his phone was because he forgot it in the room itself. But Virat's overthinking brain thought that Bhai wants to spend more time with Sam and Bravo so he didn't pick his call.

Virat was now really angry with his bhai that he doesn't have time for me but he has time for everyone. Now someone else has taken his place in his life. Am I not important to Bhai anymore ? Thinking this he got emotional.

When Mahi arrived at hotel he went in his room. He checked his phone and saw 3 missed calls of Cheeku. He just regretted missing the phone in the room itself. He knew how Virat would whine about it now. But as he didn't pick it he thought that Virat had every right to complain. He called him.

Virat didn't pick on the first ring even though he was sitting by the phone.He was sad that Bhai was not giving the attention he always does. But giving it in he picked up at 5th ring.

Mahi : hello cheeku !!

Virat just greeted formally : Hi Mahi bhai

Mahi frowned hearing that tone : Are u okay Cheeku ?

Virat : Yes what will happen to me ?

Mahi : Okay if you are angry at me because I didn't pick the call .. I am sorry for that .. I just ..

Virat just interrupted in between not wanting to listen the reason that he went with CSK members : I know you were busy. Its okay.

Mahi was just confused at the tone of Virat which was too formal so he just said : If you want to yell at me then its fine.

Virat : Why will I yell at you ? I know you were busy. So it's okay. Chalo its late. Good night. saying this he hanged up the call.

Mahi was disappointed by the cryptic conversation with his Cheeku. He could not understand the formal and neutral tone of Virat. He was thinking that why Virat didn't lash out when he didn't pick his call. Just as he was lost in thoughts Jaddu arrived whistling in his room.

Jaddu saw him lost in thoughts : Kya hua Bhai ? Phone ko kyu ghur rahe ho ..

Mahi : Cheeku ka phone tha .. aur wo itna ajeeb behave kar raha tha .. thik se baat bhi nhi ki .. kya hua pata nhi .. tujhe koi call aya tha kya uska ..

Jaddu smirking : Ha call toh aya tha uska .. aapka hi puch raha tha ki aap kaha gaye ho kyuki wo aapka phone try kar raha tha ..

Mahi still concerned : So he was okay at that time ?

Jaddu : Okay toh nhi bol sakte .. thoda upset tha matlab aapne call nhi pick kiya toh .. gussa bhi tha ..

Mahi thinking : Toh phir mujh pe gussa kyu nikala .. aise formally baat kar raha tha .. I will talk to him during the match only now. Tab milunga hi toh pata lag jayega kya hua hai ..

Here Virat was sad and angry thinking how excited he was to meet his Bhai. But Bhai seemed to be close to other people now. Jaddu was also telling how Sam was always with Mahi bhai when they are in CSK camp. Jaddu even compared Sam and Mahi's relation with his and Mahi bhai's relation. That made him more depressed and jealous. He just slept off frustrated.

---------------------

Match day:

It was the match day. Virat was trying to forget whatever he was feeling regarding the CSK members and Mahi bhai's closeness with them.Mainly because he was meeting Mahi bhai today. But it was not easy for him.

Both the teams came on the ground for their warm ups before the match. Everyone was meeting each other. Virat also started to go to Mahi bhai but he stopped when he saw Faf with Mahi bhai. They were indulged in some conversation and Mahi was not attentive towards Virat. Jaddu came to meet Virat.

Jaddu jumped on his back : hey Viiii

Virat hugged him when he got down. Virat asked him : Yeh faf kya kar raha hai bhai ke sath itne der se ..

Jaddu : Arey tujhe nhi pata .. Faf aur Bhai humesha match ke pehle discussions karte hai .. wo dono hi karte aur koi unhe interrupt nhi karta hai

Virat : Toh matlab kya every match hota hai Aisa

Jaddu : Ha yeh toh kuch nahi hai .. Abhi tu dekh na toss ke baad Sam ko pep talk denge

Virat just frowned at the info. His excitement of meeting Bhai just vanished. "Chal mai bhi jaata hu abhi toss ke liye bulayenge" said Virat and left from there. Jaddu just laughed at his reaction and went from there.

As they arrived for toss Mahi and Virat fist bump and then hugged each other (treat for Mahirat fans). But for Mahi it was odd because he felt it too professional.

Mahi : How are you Cheeku ?

Virat just answered : Fine bhai.

Mahi saw that Virat was behaving very differently. He was not complaining about the unfair IPL schedule or about him and Ro .. as he would always do. He was standing there lost in thoughts. He made up his mind to talk with him after the match.

Virat won the toss and was still not happy about it. He observed what Jaddu said about the pep talk. Mahi went near Sam after the toss. He was ruffling his hair and talking with him. He was encouraging him.

Virat was just fuming with anger seeing that. He was just thinking .. Why bhai is so close with them ? He is treating Sam like a kid .. Why he is doing that ?

Ab came to him : Hey Biscotti ! U okay ?

Virat : Ya let's go we are fielding first.

CSK put a decent score of 185 on the board. Now RCB has to chase it.

Virat and Dev was at the crease. Dev was little nervous. Faf said something to him which made him more nervous. Virat went to Dev and asked what did he say to you. Dev said that how he was sledging him being nervous against CSK.

This made Virat furious (as he was already irritated at him) so he went to Faf and it resulted in pretty bad argument on the field. Mahi intervened in between and he told Virat to back off and in a very professional tone.

He was hurt by the tone of Mahi. But as he respected him so much he backed off and got to his position. After that Virat was on fire. He was batting aggressively so it was impossible to get him out. He was joined by Ab who also did the same damage.

Mahi saw how Virat was hitting the ball so hard. He could see how he was batting in anger. So much that the ball for once took hit on his helmet when he attempted the pull shot. And it was bowled by Sam Curran.

When the physio was doing test he saw how Mahi bhai went to Sam and made him understand. It made him more frustrated. Mahi also went to Virat where Virat just nodded and went back to the crease.

Virat and Ab finished the match towards victory. Mahi just ignored and gave cold shoulder when Virat tried to talk to him during presentation ceremony.
Virat just frowned at his behaviour because it was him who should be angry.

Virat just mumbled : Firstly not giving me time and then now ignoring me. Kitne rude ho Gaye hai yeh ...

He just sighed at Mahi bhai's behaviour and went to his room after all formalities.
——————————-
Done
Vote and comment for the feedback
Plot idea by nuttss06
Collab with nuttss06