The Bicycle Theif

[her bike ⬆️ ]

Phil, Luke, Claire and Cassie were all on their bikes riding down the street when a women came jogging up to them and said " oh hi Claire". 

"Hey. oh, okay. hi. Um, this is my husband, Phil." - Claire spoke to the women."hi" -Phil. " And, uh, that's my son Luke right there and my youngest daughter Cassie." - Claire continued, "this is--" 

"Desiree" - the women

"Desiree, right. Sorry." - Claire said laughing a little" Desiree, just moved in down the bloke." - Claire. "fun, where?" - Phil.

"314." - Desiree

"OH!" - Phil exclaimed." the two bedroom cottage with the indoor-outdoor family room."

"very good, how did you --" - Desiree looked shocked for a second. 

" bet your loving that steam shower" - Phil. " Phil, that's creepy." - Claire stated looking at him.

" Oh, sorry i'm a--" - Phil laughed awkwardly," I'm a real estate mogul. What? No, I'm real estate agent..." put his hand on his chest for a second while Claire watched Luke entertaining Cassie by making funny faces." We caravanned that house. Great, uh, deck."

" Thanks. I'm just there till my divorce is final. -Desiree smiled.

"Now, who is coconuts enough to divorce you?" - Phil asked smiling as Claire starts to get more annoyed. " We got to go, but we'll see you around." - Claire

" we'll have to have you over sometime." - Phil said smiling.

"I'll love it." - Desiree said

"all right" - Phil nodded as she jogs off. " she's awesome."

"No, we are never having her over." - Claire exclaimed. " heard she slept already with two dads from the school. come Cassie sweetie." the little girl starts pedaling after her parents giggling.

LITTLE LATER----

Cassie was perched on Phil's left hip as Luke and him start to walk out the bike shop. " Dad, this is the coolest bike ever." - Luke exclaimed.

"awesome" - Phil replied as they walked out." so, listen, buddy. certain members of this family don't think you can take care of this bad boy."

"you mean mom?" - Luke

"your words, not mine. Look, uh, your mom and I are a team, and she-- We feel like this is a chance for you to show some responsibility" - Phil states looking down at Luke while shifting Cassie a little as she let a small noise out while playing with her fathers hair. " Don't make us look like jerks here."

"I won't" - Luke nods

"Okay. one more rule" - Phil 

"what?" - Luke asked

" Have, like, three, butt-loads of fun." - Phil said giving Luke his helmet.

"thanks, dad" - Luke said as he gets on his new bike and rides off.

little later

THE BIKE STORE

Phil was talking to the assistant with Cassie on his hip passed out on his shoulder with her thumb in her mouth. " So, to teach him a lesson, I took his bike, and then, crazy thing-- I put it down for one minute, and someone swiped it from me."

The assistant shrugs and states " maybe that was your dad teaching you a lesson."

Phil gave a forced laugh " Zinger. So any chance I could, uh, get a break on this one?"

" i can throw in a bell" - the assistant said handing Phil the bell.

"deal." - Phil agrees as he grabs it.

"for five dollars." - the assistant said as Phil hands the bell back "No, sir." - Phil

" So, you want to go for the insurance this time, or is it still for suckers?" - the assistant asked.

Phil gave anther forced laugh pulling his wallet out " got me again. Well played, m'lord. I will take some insurance, thank you." 

LATER 

Phil walks into the house with a now awake Cassie and the bike. He places the bike down in front of the door and makes his way upstairs with Cassie towards Luke's room. He knocks on Luke's door.

"Luke you in there." - Phil asks opening the door" hey dad." - Luke said back.

" hey, buddy." - Phil said walking in with Cassie on his hip.

as Phil starts talking Cassie lets out frustrating cry's trying to get Luke's attention to which Phil hand her to Luke which makes her squeal with delight as she cuddles into Luke. "that was , uh-- that was pretty fun today, huh? Getting a new back." 

"awesome" - Luke replies cuddling Cassie right back rubbing her back as she giggle a little.

"So, uh, what happen after I took off?" - Phil asked sitting down by the two siblings." anything you want to share with me."

"Not really." - Luke

" so uh if I, went out to the garage, took a picture for the scrapbook, there'd be no surprises?" Phil asked.

"I'm so sorry!  I didn't mean it. I just made a mistake." - Luke said upset that he was gonna get in trouble.

" YEAH A BIG MISTAKE! You're making me look really bad here." - Phil said getting up to face Luke which make Cassie jump a little as Luke rubs her back some soothing her." I told mom you were ready for this."

"It's just a scratch, Dad." - Luke 

"That's not the point, Luke! what?" - Phil

"I scratch it on on my way into the driveway. I'm sorry."- Luke exclaimed.

"So it's not stolen?" - Phil asked.

" No, Why?" - Luke asked confused.

"that's good, cause there are bad people out there who would steal a bike." Phil says as he grabs Cassie from the bed and starts walking out."those are thieves. you sit there and think about that scratch part, that's not good." as he starts to walk down the stairs with Cassie on his hip." 

 OUTSIDE

"Mama" Cassie says running to Claire who picks her up and gives her a big kiss her her cheek.

"I mean, I don't understand. why are you trying to sneak around and hide things from me?"- Claire asks. smiling," I actually think its kinda funny."

" You do?" - Phil ask smiling confused.

"I do.yes." - Claire said nodding her head, " I mean, you steal a bike from some poor kid, and then  the bike gets stolen from you. It's hilarious" Phil force a laugh out awkwardly, " Classic me, right?"

{a/n ~ i'm just gonna end it cause i can't think of what else i could write, hopefuly things will get better in later chapters. the next chapter should be out either Thursday or Friday cause Wednesday im getting work done on my teeth.}