Chapter Fourteen - Walking Into Hell

Start from the beginning

"They know where she is!" Bellamy hissed.

Roma suddenly ran off, and I saw that she was following after somebody. That guy that was scared.

I went ahead of everyone else, only to see Roma freeze before running off.

"Wait! Roma! There could be more!" Finn shouted, but she had ran too far.

We went after her, walking slowly and quietly. "There she is!" Monroe whispered.

I bit my lip. I had an awful feeling about this. It turned out, I was right. There she was, a spear through her chest that had impaled her into the tree.

Bellamy looked horrified and guilty, a deadly mixture. He reached up, closing her eyelids with a regretful look on his face. I knew that he cared about her. They didn't really have a relationship. They just slept together every night. "She only came because of me..."

Finn looked scared too. "They can kill us whenever they want," He whispered to Bellamy.

"Then they should," Jasper said, and my eyes widened. "Get it over with!" He screamed. "Come on!"

He continued to scream, even as Finn and Bellamy told him to stop and tried to silence him.

"They're coming!" Monroe and I both yelled, almost at the same time.

They all started to run at us, then suddenly stopped and froze. It was because of a horn that sounded throughout the forest. They looked at each other, then ran in the same direction; away from us.

"They're leaving," Bellamy stated.

"That horn," Jasper said, terror running in his voice. "What does it mean?"

"Acid fog," Finn said, pulling a tent cover out of his bag.

"We have to run," Monroe said, staring at everyone else with the same amount of fear in her voice.

"There isn't enough time," I said, biting my lip. "It's either hide, or die."

We all hid under the tent, keeping it wrapped around us as tightly as possible. I was right up against Bellamy and Finn, Bellamy on my right and at the edge of the tent with Finn in the middle on my left.

"Thank you," Bellamy whispered.

"Don't thank me," I said. "I'm not doing this for you."

"Are you sure about that?" He whispered back, and I turned to look at him. We both stared each other in the eye, and I sighed softly.

"Even after everything you've put us through, no. I'm not sure."

He was about to say something, when Finn yanked the tent off of us. "There's no fog."

We all pulled the tent off of us, standing up. "Maybe it was a false alarm," He continued.

Bellamy and I both caught sight of a lone grounder, who ran across in front of us. He didn't seem to notice us. "They're coming back," Bellamy whispered.

"I think he's alone," Jasper said, staring after him with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Now can we run?" Monroe whispered, seeming to be getting more and more eager to leave and go back to the camp. But she was strong. I knew that, and so did she. She wouldn't leave.

"He doesn't see us," Bellamy said. "We're going after him."

"And what? Kill him?" Finn muttered.

"No. Catch him. Make him tell me where Octavia is," Bellamy said, pausing. "Then kill him."

"How do we know he's not leading us into another trap?" Jasper asked. He thought that Bellamy was nuts. Frankly, so did I.

But, then again, if it would help us get Octavia back... I would do anything.

"We don't." Finn said, before we all followed after Bellamy.

The grounder was a quick person. He ran fast, and we had to sprint to keep up with him, all while being as quiet as possible. It certainly was difficult. He brought us to a strange looking place, it was an underground area. It had a large hatch, one that looked insanely difficult to get down. But he was easy to follow, seeing how the entire pathway seemed to echo. We could hear him, even when we weren't down there.

"I'll stand guard," I said, and Monroe nodded. "Me too."

The others went down into the cave-like area, while we both stayed up there.

"Listen..." Monroe started. "I'm sorry about the whole Murphy thing... I didn't want any of that to happen."

I nodded slowly. "I hope that he's okay."

"I didn't want him to get banished. He didn't really do anything. Charlotte knew that what she did was wrong. She would have broke eventually..." She muttered, not looking at me, but instead looking out into the darkness.

"Yeah, well, you might be the only one who agrees with me."

She nodded slowly. "I hope he's okay."

"You're not the only one," I whispered.

We stayed in silence, until we heard loud footsteps. We both looked down the hatch, and my eyes widened. "Finn..."