Chapter Eighteen - Tricksters

April 25th, 2015

So I wasn't gonna update until tomorrow night, but I figured that we had something to celebrate. :)

This story now has 20,000 reads! :D I AM SO UNBELIEVABLY HAPPY RIGHT NOW. 

Okies. Well. Enjoy. :D

__________________________________________________________________

Chapter Eighteen

Octavia raised a brow at me, confused. "And what exactly is this idea?"

"The nuts. We're the only people that haven't been eating them. Everyone else that has is going crazy, hallucinating and acting like they're as high in the sky as the damn ark. They won't be able to even realize what's happening."

"And...?"

I grinned. "No one will notice if a certain grounder sneaks out."

Her eyes widened. "You'd help me get him out?"

I smiled at her. "Of course I would. Now let's go. Those nuts are about to make Miller get higher than cloud nine."

I grabbed a bag of nuts, and handed them to Octavia as I went over the plan with her. She went up to the third level, and I heard her and Miller talking loudly before she quickly came back down. We waited in silence in one corner of the drop ship, smiling at each other and waiting for Miller. About ten minutes later, he came down the ladder, stumbling forwards and out of the drop ship. 

"You get him out of the ropes, I'll get him some clothes."

She nodded, going up the ladder while I went outside into the middle of the camp, where people were now stumbling around. The majority of them were laughing, but others were crying and getting pretty damn pissed off. But Finn and Raven seemed to have it under control.

Some guy decided it would be a nice idea to take off his jacket and sweater, which I quickly snatched from where he had dropped them. Thank god for high idiots. 

I ran up to the top level, panting slightly and handing the clothes to Octavia. "Here, put these on him."

She nodded, and quickly put them on him.

The grounder, who Octavia had now told me was named Lincoln, seemed uncertain. "I'm not gonna put either of you in danger." He panted as she began to put on the sweater.

"Listen, it's now or never. Bellamy isn't here and the other's won't notice," I said, checking down the ladder to make sure Raven and Finn weren't watching. 

"Even in these clothes, I'll be seen," Lincoln panted, seeming more and more exhausted with every passing second. 

"People are seeing plenty of things right now," Octavia said. "Up you get," She put his arm over her shoulders, and I did the same with his other arm as we led him to the ladder.

"What'd you do?" He asked.

"We gave out our rations a little earlier than Bellamy wanted," I smirked. 

"Jobi nuts?" Lincoln said, seeming almost astonished by what we had done. "The food you gave my guard. They go bad, they cause visions, but it wears off." He said.

"Just try to get as far away as possible, and try not to get yourself killed." I said, then climbed down the ladder to make sure that Finn and Raven weren't down there waiting for him. 

He was up there for a while, and I sighed in frustration. "Guys, hurry up!"

He climbed down the ladder, acting as if nothing had happened. But I was completely aware that it had. Somebody has a crush on O, somebody has a crush on O! Am I really singing in my head? Yes, yes I am. Perhaps the Jobi nuts can make you go nuts when you don't even eat them.

OKAY. Moving on.

I went out of the drop ship, stopping in my tracks with Lincoln bumping into my back. Finn was right there. And he wasn't going crazy. 

Finn's eyes widened as he saw Lincoln. I knew why. Hell, the last time they had seen each other, Lincoln had put a knife in Finn's side. Of course he was a little upset, or scared. I wasn't sure which.

Regardless of that fact, Finn nodded his head towards the exit. They circled around each other before Lincoln ran into the darkness. 

I turned to Finn, biting my lip. "Thank you."

He nodded slowly. "Just don't expect me to do it again," He said, before walking away to stop another person from leaving the camp. 

*

I had stayed with Jasper for the rest of the night, making sure that he didn't do anything stupid. He fell asleep after a while, still holding the anti-grounder stick that Octavia had given him. I smiled a little at that, then decided that I wanted to go to sleep.

I went into the drop ship, and was almost asleep when I heard some people walk in. Two pairs of footsteps were now inside the drop ship.

"She isn't going to forgive you easily," I heard someone mutter. Clarke?

"I know," Bellamy. I didn't know they had gotten back yet.

"I'll be in the tent, meet me there in a few minutes and we'll talk to Jaha together."

"Yeah, okay," Bellamy said, and I heard Clarke walk out of the drop ship. But I didn't hear Bellamy leave. Even so, I didn't say a word. 

I heard him walk beside me, but I didn't open my eyes. I didn't want to speak to him. 

I felt something being put on me, and then he pulled it over my torso as well. It was warm and dry, and I soon figured out that it was a blanket. He must have gotten it while he was with Clarke.

I felt his fingers brush against the back of my hand. He then took my hand in his, squeezing it slightly. "I'm sorry, Ven," He whispered, and he stayed silent. After a few moments, he slowly let go of my hand. I heard him walk out of the drop ship, leaving me alone.

It was only then that I realized how much I missed him. He was my best friend. I missed his hugs, his voice, everything.

But I gave him another chance. I told him that we could be friends again if he would tell me the truth. And he didn't.

I missed him so much. But I couldn't forgive him... Not this time.

_________________________________________________________________

I seriously love Octavia and Venus' friendship. :)