Chp 6

Estrella's POV
I woke up to see my bedroom swathed in sunlight.

What time is it.....?

I glanced at my alarm clock on my nightstand, 1:30 pm! I slept most of the day!

We needed it though, and so did mate

I paused as I noticed Preston still sleeping on my beanbag chair, the blanket he'd grabbed had fallen to the floor and he was curled up adorably.

Mate cold. Help mate warm up pleaseeeeeeee

I sighed at Akira's begging but gently pulled the blanket up to his shoulders, petting his hair a little after he smiled in his sleep.
I decided to let him sleep and went on to read a book while I waited. I was halfway through before Preston's voice pulled me from my fantasy world.
"Morning......" he mumbled as he stretched. I laughed softly and he gave me a weird look. "What's so funny?"
"Oh y'know just that it's not morning, it's almost dinner time."
"WHAT?!?!!!!????" I flinched at his panicky shout and he shot up, glancing outside.
"What's wrong......?" I asked tentatively.
"What's wrong is I've been asleep for almost 24 hours and I have other stuff to do."
I growled, upset. "So whatever you have to do for your pack is more important than your mate?"

I'm so glad I didn't really want to be with him anyway

He sighed and ran a hand down his face before coming over and taking one of mine. I pulled it away.
"Of course not Estrella I swear, I want nothing more than to spend all day with you but as future alpha of the pack I have a lot of work to do."
I rolled my eyes. "just go do your alpha duties"
He frowned but nodded and left me alone for a few hours until it was dark.

When he finally did come back in it was with a plate with steak and rice and some water.
"I don't know why you hate me so much......" he mumbled as set the plate on my lap and the cup on the nightstand.
I blinked in surprise but ate slowly, leaving half of the steak for him.
"I already ate."
I sighed and watched him for a moment, his back was to me as he sat on the beanbag chair and he was looking out the window.
"Well... thanks..." I mumbled, finishing off my dinner.
Preston was in the shower by the time I finished and I snuggled into my blankets for sleep, but it wouldn't take me.

You upset mate, now no sleep for you

My wolf growled inside my head, despite me begging her to let me sleep, and I sighed. I knew what this meant, either sleep with Preston or don't sleep at all.

As soon as Preston walked out I dragged him down into my bed, making him yelp in surprise. The only thing I didn't realize was that all he had on was a white towel around his waist, his bare chest glistened with water droplets and I couldn't help but stare and touch his abs lightly, making him shudder.
"Wh-what.........?" He started, confused.
"Hush, we're sleeping and that's it, if you blow this it'll never happen again." I glared at him in warning and he nodded meekly, pulling a blanket up to cover his body.

I can't believe I'm allowing this......
YAY MATES HAPPYYYYYYY

I sighed softly and hugged a pillow for comfort, and as I drifted off to sleep, I felt a warm, strong, protective hand slide over me and pressed me to a warm body.

~~~~

Preston's POV
I woke up in the morning with my face buried in someone's neck, I took a deep breath and absolutely loved their scent. It took me a moment to remember that Estrella had dragged me into bed the night before and I pulled back slowly, not wanting to wake her, but not wanting to make her uncomfortable either.
I jumped as a knock reached my ears and sighed as my beautiful soulmates face scrunched up with exhaustion.
"Let me get it." I whispered softly to her, standing and going over to the door. "What do you need?"
The person cleared their throat, uncomfortable. "Alpha, your parents request you, it's time to leave."
"You can tell them I'll be home later, I can't just leave my mate so soon."
He sighed. "But sir-"
"I /said/ tell them I'll be home later." I growled softly, hoping to not wake her. The omega bowed shakily and took off to tell my parents before I went back to the bed and laid with the Angel that was sent down from Heaven to be my mate.

It took her hours to wake up but when she finally did she gave me the smallest tired smile I've ever seen and sighed as she nuzzled my chest, making me purr and shudder softly.
"Why do you stick with me?" She mumbled.
"Because no matter what you say I will always love you, you could tell me that you hated me and I would still love you, you could punch me and knock out all of my teeth and I'd /still/ love you. Nothing will ever change that." I'd replied softly, stroking her hair.
It took her a moment to think before she sat up quietly, frowning, and looked down at the blanket. "I've been terrified to find my mate for so many reasons, it'll be hard to earn my trust..."
"I'm willing to try, for you. For us."
The corners of her mouth twitched with the idea of a smile but it didn't fully form. Before I knew it she was ushering me out of her room and showing me where I could get my own clothes.

A/N hiiiiiiii how are y'all liking it so far? I'd love to know your thoughts and suggestions!