Prompt #2

Prompt: xD how about a prompt of little Scott going to the Zoo and seeing a koala for the first time

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                “Come on Scotty, stay with me so you don’t get lost,” Mr. Anderson said, catching Scott’s shirt before the little boy could wander off.

                “I wanna see the animals,” Scott said, looking up at his father.

                “We’re going to, but I don’t want to lose you.” Mr. Anderson held Scott’s hand firmly, leading him through the crowds of people.          

                “Where’s mommy?” Scott asked, looking around.

                “She’s going to meet us by the koala exhibit,” Mr. Anderson said.

                “Koalas?” Scott tried to remember what koalas looked like, but he couldn’t remember. He’d flipped through a picture book of the zoo animals yesterday, and seen so many that their names all blurred together in his mind now.

                “Yep, the koalas. They’re pretty boring animals, so we’ll take a peek at them and then go look at something more exciting. Maybe the wolves will be up and running around!” Mr. Anderson said.

                “’Kay.” Scott continued to look all around the zoo. There was an overwhelming amount of people, which he didn’t like. But he loved looking at all the animals.

                He looked forward and brightened a little as he spotted his mom. He dragged his father forward until they met up with his mother.

                “Hi Scotty, I got you some water,” Mrs. Anderson said with a smile, kneeling down and handing it to Scott. “Do you like the zoo so far?”

                “Mhm. We’re gonna look at the wolves,” Scott said, drinking the water.

                He looked over and stopped as his eyes came to rest on the animal in the exhibit near them. It was clinging to a tree, chewing on a leaf in its mouth.

                “Daddy, what’s that?” Scott asked, pointing at it.

                “Hm? Oh, that’s the koala, Scotty,” Mr. Anderson said, looking over at it. “I’m surprised it’s even awake. I read somewhere that they sleep for about 22 hours. That’s almost the whole day!”

                Scott lifted his arms, a gesture that informed his father he wanted to be picked up. Mr. Anderson lifted Scott into his arms, and Scott shifted so he had a better view of the koala.

                Scott watched the koala eat, fascinated. He noticed another one asleep in the tree, looking absolutely adorable.

                He wasn’t sure how long he had been watching the koalas for, but his dad shook him a little. He dragged his eyes away from the koalas reluctantly.

                “Scotty, you’ve been watching that koala eat the same leaf for almost 20 minutes. Don’t you want to go watch a more fun animal?” Mr. Anderson asked.

                “Oh, if he’s enjoying himself, let him watch it. You know he doesn’t get interested by a lot,” Mrs. Anderson said.

                “I wanna watch the koalas!” Scott said. “I like them! They’re cute! I want one!”

                “You can’t have a pet koala,” Mr. Anderson said, laughing. “But when we go through the gift shop, we can get you a stuffed animal koala.”

                Scott settled himself against his father, watching the koalas in fascination again. He didn’t even care about the wolves or any of the other animals anymore. He loved the koalas.