"Is this really who you want to be seen with? Who you want on your arm as you're given medals of honor and pose for the Prophet?!" Pansy gestured to the tattoo. Hermione can't seem to say anything, "That's what I thought." Pansy angrily shrugs on her robes and grabs her wand, "This was a mistake," she sneered. She didn't wait for a response before stomping out of their dorm, slamming the door on her way out with a flick of her wand.

She could feel her anger simmer into sadness as she marches across the hallway into Daphne's room. Inside the girl is laying on her stomach on the floor, poured over a magazine.

"Hey Pans," she said without looking up, "I was just about to come find you-what the hell happened?!" Daphne shrieked at Pansy's pathetic form.

"Um, fight with Hermione."

"Ah, trouble in paradise then?" Pansy's neck snapped towards her best friend.

"What?"

"Oh please, don't tell me you're still trying to hide it?"

"I-I don't know what you mean Daph," Daphne rolled her eyes and sat up on her knees. Her honey-blonde curls cascaded down her shoulders and her thin lips pulled into a smirk.

"That you and Granger have been fucking?" Pansy's jaw dropped and she felt her face heat up in embarrassment.

"Daphne! We have not been, been-"

"Fucking?"

"No!"

"Oh, we'll it sure seems like it." Pansy was flabbergasted, had she really been that obvious?

"Yes, you have been that obvious." Pansy looked at her with wide eyes, afraid she had slipped into her mind unnoticed. Daphne's smirk dropped and concern and sorrow filled her features. "No Pansy, Merlin. I would never do that, I just assumed." Pansy nodded and looked down, embarrassed to have thought bad about her friend.

"So, what was the fight about?" Daphne walked over to her bed and sat down, patting the place beside her. Pansy dragged herself over, bouncing on the mattress and layign flat on her back. She sighed and interlocked her fingers, resting them on her chest.

"I don't deserve her."

"Yeah, probably not."

"Wow, thanks Daph, that's such a vote of confidence," Pansy rolled her eyes. Daphne layed down next to her, their shoulders touching.

"I'm being honest Pansy. You know I think you're amazing, but we were on the wrong side of the war. Hermione was a hero, we were the enemy; it doesn't get much simpler than that." Pansy nodded, knowing Daphne's right.

"I really like her," Pansy croaked. Daphne turned to look at her, a sad smile on her face.

"I know Pans, I know you do. Just because you don't deserve her, doesn't mean she won't give you a chance. It seems like she likes you just the way you are."

"That's the problem, she likes me just the way I am, without me even apologizing to her. She deserves much more than that."

"So apologize."

"What?"

"Apologize to her. You said she deserves it, so apologize."

"I don't think a simple apology will cut it, Daphne."

"So plan something for her! Honestly you're so daft, she likes you. She will accept your apology, but you actually have to do it first." Pansy hadn't thought of that. How would she know if Hermione would forgive her if she never apologized?