Chapter 2

(Seven years ago, when Callista was ten)

"NOW FIGHTING! AMETHYST VS SHADOW! LET THE FIGHT BEGIN!"

I got into the fighting ring and met my opponent. He was a person who looked to be in his mid-twenties and had a robust build. He would be difficult to defeat because of his strength, but I had the advantage of agility.

As soon as I got into a stance, my opponent threw a punch at me; I blocked it. I quickly moved to his side and punched him. I hit him again and kicked him in the shin. He turned around and tried to throw a left hook at me, but I dodged that and roundhouse kicked him. He fell unconscious.

(I'm sorry for the crappy fight scene)

Once I collected my money, I headed out to the crappy house I was living in to hide from the Chinese Mafia. I took a turn into the alleyway but was stopped by two tall figures in black trench coats. One looked like a teenager, and the other looked like his father due to how similar they looked. I could see the multiple daggers and guns they had strapped to them. An average person wouldn't have seen those, but when the Chinese Mafia trains you to be perfect at everything for five years, you learn to notice these minor things.

"Hello, My name is Andrei Abramov", The older man spoke up.

Holy shit! I'm standing in front of my idol! He's the Don of the Russian Mafia!

I didn't trust my voice to reply, so I just nodded. He sighed and added, "I've seen your fights for a while, and I would like to recruit you, but you seem quite young; how old are you?"

"I'm 10," I told him, suppressing my British accent. The Chinese trained me in England for some reason, and I could hope and think that it was to hide from my family, but they sold me off, so I know it's wishful thinking.

"What are you doing out here at such an early age?" the teenager asked, in concern? 

Why would anyone be concerned for me?

"What do you think" I replied in a harsh tone

"Why don't you come home with us, love. I'll try to help you." Andrei spoke

I agreed, thinking whatever they have in store for me can't be any worse than the past five years.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Timeskip for two years, and Callista is 12)

"Niikyyyyyy! Aleksei hit me!!!!" I whined, bursting into Nikolai's office.

"Callyyyyyyyyy! Go tell dad!!!!" he replied, imitating me.

I gave him a dirty look, muttered, "fine!" and stomped out of the office.

I went to the kitchen where Natalia was there.

"Nataliaaaaa!!!!!!!! Aleksei hit me!!!!!" I repeated the same sentence bursting into the kitchen, but as they all say, "Always knock before entering".