CHAPTER: 16

Mulai dari awal

I turned on the radio to hear a song while my eyes on the road. It was already dark when we arrived at their house. She woke up when my car stopped.

She opened the door and went out. I thought she was about to enter their house but she turned to me and gave me a smile. "I'm happy because our paths met. I hope you just keep helping the kids."

My body was tired from lying down on my bed, so I cleaned my body first before going to bed. I immediately closed my eyes. Darkness greeted my eyes.

Manang was happy when I told her about helping the children. Manang said she also wanted to help so I agreed. I looked at the big box that manang pulled out. "What's that, manang?" I asked while looking at it.

Ngumiti siya at nagsalita, "Ito 'yung mga naliitan niyong magkapatid noon, maayos pa 'yan at alam kong magugustuhan nila ito." I smiled because until now my older brother and I still have our belongings here, I'm sure if my older brother is still here he will also agree to distribute his belongings especially to the children who need it.

Compared to my brother, he is kinder, unlike me who always carries a fight. Many admire his kindness, as his brother I am happy because of his habit. Sometimes I have not experienced being jealous of him because I know I also have a unique characteristic.

I arranged the box, went to my car, and manang came with a tray full of food. Manang offered to cook a food for the children earlier, it's a good thing it's Sunday so I have time to make the most of being with them.

When I was all right, I immediately looked at manang who was smiling at me. I'm glad because manang also helped. I'm sure the kids will enjoy it.

Hindi maipaliwanag saya nila ng sinalubong nila ako na may bitbit na malaking box, nakangiti sila at isa-isa silang bumati sa akin. Ginulo ko bahagya ang kanilang mga buhok.

Kanina pa ako lumilinga sa paligid, hindi ko alam kung ba't hindi sumipot si Jazure. Napatingin ako sa katabi kong bata na kumalabit sa akin. "Kuya pogi kung hinahanap mo si ate ganda wala siya." Napaisip naman ako kung ba't siya wala ngayon, akala ko madadatnan ko siya kasama ng mga bata ngayon.

"Kung iniisip mo kuya kung nasaan si ate ganda huwag ka ng mag alala magiging malakas din siya ulit." My eyebrows met at the last thing he said. I still wanted to know why Jazure wasn't here but they all got up and started playing with the kids who had been so excited to play. I just watched them run.

I looked at my watch and looked back at them again, I signalled them that I was leaving so they waved at me one by one. I smiled at them and waved back which they enjoyed.

Ryan lowered the shake he was holding, here we are at one of our favourite places. It stared at me intently, my eyebrows raised at him. "What are you so busy with and are you always busy?" takang tanong niya. Nakita ko naman ang mahinang pagtango ni Jacob sa sinabi ni Ryan.

They both stared at me as if investigating for the truth. I took a deep breath and leaned back in my chair. "I help street children--"

"Sabi na nga ba! Hindi ako nagkakamali ikaw 'yung nakita ko noong isang araw akala ko nga namamalikmata lang ako pero totoo pala!" sabi ni Ryan na parang hindi naniniwala sa mga nangyayari.

"You're really change farrel," Jacob's smiled. I thought they were going to tease me but it turned out the other way around. We talked about the kids I was helping, I told them I needed a lot of help to rescue them and no longer live on the street.

They know people who can help the children, while they don't do anything these days they want to help for the good of the children. I can't explain how I feel now, more and more people are helping. I don't expect that even my two friends are willing to help.

If before we had no idea of ​​money and we concentrated on spending on trivial things, now we have realised that there is no destination in what we are doing, in the way of helping others is the best gift we can give at them. Even though we were known to be a plague at school, in what we are doing now I know we fell from the sky for the kids.

Aunt and uncle were very happy when they found out what the three of us were doing, we received pure praise from Jacob's parents. It was good and we agreed, the three of us laughed because of what my aunt said. Jacob also said that we could not handle these three so aunt and uncle provided help which made us happy.

As time went on the hope grew that we could help them even more, we thought of shopping for food, they also had aunts and uncles assigned to cook for it. Recently, Jazure and I talked about doing a feeding program here at the gym where the kids can go.

When I told her that she was so happy, I was even surprised because she suddenly hugged me. We were riding in a van, I was with Ryan and Jacob. Ryan was driving while Jacob and I were in the back with the toys we bought. A van followed us where food was stored for later.

Nakiusap kami sa mga nakakataas na gusto naming tumulong lalong lalo na sa mga batang lansangan, I thought they wouldn't agree but they agreed they even thanked us. As we got out of the car we were greeted by a clean area, with tables and chairs.

They said they would call the children later when everything was in order, the others were just getting ready for everyone to sit on. I took a step until I deliberately stopped when I caught sight of Jazure talking to the fixers. When she noticed that I was looking, she immediately waved at me.

I lost sight of Jazure when Jacob suddenly elbowed me. "Is she the reason you changed?" he asked. My eyebrows met at what he asked. "She's not and there's no reason why I've changed."

The program started, we just sat quietly at a table with Jacob, Ryan and Jazure. Jazure was next to me and Jacob and Ryan were next to each other. I couldn't help but stare at Ryan because he used to stare at us as if it was annoying.

Lots to go on now, the whole gym is full of kids. I didn't expect that they were this many but I was happy because I knew they would all be given help. Much more was said by the speaker in front, I couldn't understand what it was saying because Ryan's noisy mouth that had previously been speaking seemed to have no end.

I looked at Jazure who was shaking and laughing because of Ryan's jokes. When I noticed that her off shoulder was uneven I immediately levelled it. I stopped what I was doing when I noticed my two friends were gaping looking at us while Jazure blushed in embarrassment.

It was like my hand had burned so I immediately took my hand away from it, the two of them couldn't take their eyes off me. I just turned my gaze back to the front to listen again.

I'm happy because I'm not the only one used to helping others. They say you cannot take your wealth to heaven on earth, by helping fellow human beings you increase your wealth in heaven that any wealth on earth cannot compensate for.