Chapter 3~

When I reached the door to Prince Brian's room, I was hesitant to knock...What if he was as cold and bloodthirsty as his father? I decided to suck it up and try it anyway. That's when I noticed the door was slightly ajar. Ikocked anyway and asked "Prince Brian?" I got no response, so I slowly pushed the door open, and saw a tall figure standing in front of a mirror.

Through his reflection, I could see he had flawless porcelain skin, long raven black hair that flowed down to the center of his back, and he wore all black....And no, the whole thing that Vampires can't see they're refelction in the mirror, doesn't exist...It's just a myth. I saw that his eyes were a piecing blue, but I knw they were just contacts.....His father's eyes are brown, and so are his mothers.

*A/N I don't know this for a fact, just go with it...And I don't think he has a sister either.*

He wasn't wearing a suit like his father was, he was just wearing tight black jeans, and a black long sleeve mesh shirt. I noticed he had on some combat boots, and he had a spiked black choker around his neck....He was stunning.

He looked up at me through the mirror and smiled weakly.

"Yes?"

I bit my lip nervously and said "Um...Y-You're father wanted me to uh..t-to make sure that you and Olivia were ready.."

He nodded slowly and said "Thank you."

I nodded and turned to leave, when I stopped. I turned a little and said "Um...C-Congratulations on your engagement."

He sighed and said "Sadly, I wish my parents weren't throwing this stupid party for me..."

I raised an eyebrow and asked "What do you mean? Aren't you happy you're engaged?"

He turned to me and said "No...I'm not happy....I don't want to marry Heather..."

"But...But you're a Prince...And that's what your parent's want for you-"

"It's what they want, not what I want...I don't want Heather."

I should go....I shouldn't even be talking to him..If anyone saw, I'd probably get beat within an edge of my life...But I'm surprised he isn't being cruel to me.

"Just because I was born without a heartbeat, doesn't mean I don't have feelings...My parents have been making my decisions for me, my whole life....I shouldn't have let it get this far."

I didn't know what to say to him....What the hell is a slave gonna say to Vampire royalty?

"Oh....Why uh...Why don't you like Heather?"

He chuckled and sat down on his bed. He said "She irritates me...She's a very annoying creature, and is in love with her own reflaction...While I look in the mirror every day wish I was dead."

I was now intrigued by him...How could he say that? "How could you wish you were dead? You've got everything you could possibly dream of.....I wish I was the one who was dead." I mumbled the last part, but I knew he heard.

He looked up at me with peircing eyes and I was frozen...I couldn't move..Not literally, but you know what I mean. After a minute or so, he slowly stood up from the bed and took small steps towards me...So many things were going through my head, and that's when i thought of it....

He's probably gonna kill me....He's gonna take all the blood out of me..

He slowly leaned into my ear, and I squeezed my eyes shut, ready for what happens next. Instead he whispered "Don't ever wish that....I would kill to be alive...I want to know how to feel."

I slowly opened my eyes and when I looked up, his eyes were boring into mine.

"What's your name?"

I swallowed and said "J-Jeordie."

He held his hand out and said "It's nice to meet you, Jeordie...I'm Brian."

I slid my hand into his and shook it. He smiled at me and I smiled a little back. I let go of his hand and said "I need to go." and before he could say anything, I turned and walked out.