"Aww thank you, they're beautiful! I'll set them right in the center before we start eating." Twilight said, as she levitated the vase and started walking toward the dining hall. "Let's go everypony, I'm starving!"

The ponies each took a seat. Applejack of course sat next to Rainbow, and Fluttershy next to Rarity. Pinkie could tell they had left the two seats in the center of them empty on purpose. Rarity winked at Pinkie before taking her seat. Twilight blushed a bit as she awkwardly sat in her chair next to Pinkie. Just then, Starlight and Trixie walked in.

"The Great and Powerful Trixie is here!" Starlight gave her a slight glare. "Oh! And uh, her girlfriend Starlight, of course."

"Hey, y'all! Have a seat. We were just about to start." Applejack said, pointing her hoof at the empty seats across from her.

The group of ponies chatted away while enjoying their meal, made for them by the beloved Twipie Baking Duo. But the conversation then shifted when Rarity revealed she wanted to talk about something in particular.

"Twilight, if you hadn't noticed already we're kinda well...me and Fluttershy are...together!" Rarity said with a blushing smile, as she held up Fluttershy's nervous hoof.

Twilight froze. It wasn't that she was unhappy about this. In fact, she was so unbelievably happy for them. But it made her heart sink for a different reason. Everypony here had someone by their side they were with romantically. And here she was, terrified to even confess how she felt to Pinkie. It made her feel like she'd never be able to let those words out. She wasn't brave like her friends were. But then again, their lives were different. They didn't grow up alone. They weren't raised by such hateful ponies. They had the acceptance and approval she'd always wanted but never received. But no matter how it made her feel, it was in no way their fault she felt that way. And she wanted to make sure they never even thought that.

"Wow, really? Congratulations!" Twilight said, with a smile. "So you all knew, huh?"

"Well, it's kinda a long story. Rainbow and AJ were there when it happened, and Pinkie found out accidentally. We didn't mean for you to know last, it just kinda worked out that way. You aren't mad, are you?" Fluttershy said as she took a sip from her glass.

"Of course not. I completely understand. I gotta say though, you two are perfect for each other!" Twilight said, with a little giggle.

"You really think so?" Rarity said, looking in Fluttershy's direction, making her blush.

Trixie then interrupted. "I'd like to make a correction! Twilight wasn't the only one unaware! We didn't know either!" Starlight laughed at her girlfriend's antics.

"Oh, it's alright, Trix. I for one totally saw it coming!" Starlight said, darting her eyes mysteriously, which made everypony laugh.

The conversation continued on, but Twilight became quiet, as she became deeply drowned in her own thoughts. She decided to excuse herself for a bathroom break, so she could let out how she was feeling. Everyone seemed to believe her fake happy mood. Everyone but Pinkie

"Hey uh, I'll be right back guys. I have a uh...party canon I forgot to set off!" Pinkie said as she walked down the hall toward Twilight's room.

Twilight laid on her bed with tears rolling down her face. She felt like such a coward. She wanted to blame her parents for how much she feared it, but she still put so much blame on herself. She felt as if it was her responsibility to not feel pressured at all by their ways. Even if she didn't agree with a word they said, they were her parents. She kept telling herself that. "They're your parents. You can't disappoint your parents." That thought was breaking her into a million pieces. She then said out loud in a shaky whisper, "But I love her..."

Her thoughts were interrupted by a familiar voice, which made her jump and quickly sit up in her bed.

"Want some company?" Pinkie said as she noticed the tears streaming down the alicorn's face.

"Twilight, are you ok?"

"I'm fine."

"You don't look fine."

"Well, I am."

"Then why are you crying?"

"Ok, maybe I'm not fine."

"Is something wrong?"

"Something's very wrong!" Twilight said, raising her voice a bit, with a very shaky tone.

"Well, what is it? You know you can talk to me. It's Pinkie, remember?"

"Pinkie I...I like you...a lot."

The room fell silent.