1.14 | Hawk Moskowitz

· · ─────── ·✿· ─────── · ·

"It was brutal, 'Metri. Eli didn't deserve it," Kalon had told Demetri everything that happened over the phone the night before, now the two of them stood at Kalon's locker. "He didn't show up today," Kalon added with a sad sigh as she held her book against her chest. "I'm sure he's fine. Eli probably needed a day to relax and he'll be back tomorrow," Demetri assured as he closed his locker. "Shit..." Mike's voice caught their attention. Kalon smirked as the boy rushed to escape her view, "This is better than being harassed."

Demetri laughed as the two walked towards the library for study hall where Miguel was waiting for them. "I gotta admit, it's nice to not have people bullying me now. You and Miguel were my saviours," Demetri commented with a sigh. "We should come up with a superhero name for me," Kalon teased the boy. "How about... 'I won a fight and gained an ego'? Nah, it's too long. Maybe we can shorten it," Demetri teased back making Kalon laugh.

"All right, 'Metri. No superhero names, considering my identity is already known. But seriously, are you down to take lessons from me?" Kalon asked him. "What sort of lessons?" Demetri teased with a sly smirk making the girl blush before jabbing him lightly in the side. "Karate lesson, 'Metri. Don't be such a boy," Kalon laughed at the offended look on his face. "Well, I am a boy so..." Demetri replied as they walked into the library.

· · ─────── ·✿· ─────── · ·

"Three more absences, Sensei," Miguel informed Johnny. Kalon stood next to Miguel but she avoided looking at her father, the two had been avoiding each other. "Bunch of pussies," Aisha added. "No, it's my fault," Johnny spoke up which made Kalon look straight at him, the two made eye contact before Johnny looked to the students within the room. "Since you joined Cobra Kai, I have been hard on you. I've called you names, I've humiliated you," Johnny expressed as he looked at specific students.

"Some of you I've hit. And for that, I don't apologise," Johnny continued making Kalon furrow her brows. "Cobra Kai is about strength. If you're not strong on the inside, you can't be strong on the outside. And right now, you're all weak. And I know because I was you," Johnny let out a sigh as he paced back and forth in front of everyone. "I used to have no friends. Used to be the weirdo kid, not that weird; I still hooked up with babes and all, but..." Johnny trailed off at the look on his daughters face.

"The point is, I wasn't always the badass Sensei I am today. Just like a Cobra, I had to shed my loser skin to find my true power. And you guys will too," Johnny expressed honestly. And Kalon understood his story, she knew that before Cobra Kai, he was a quiet kid with no friends so she didn't doubt his words. The doorbell jingle pulled the girl from her thoughts, she looked to Miguel first then turned towards the door.

"Welcome to Cobra Kai," Johnny announced to the boy standing at the edge of the mat. "Eli, what happened?" Miguel asked as Kalon looked the boy up and down. He had a smug smirk on his face, his hair gelled up in a mohawk with blue tips and his eyes focused on the blonde beauty who was unsure how to feel about his new look. "I'm flipping the script," Eli responded with pure confidence that made Kalon's heart race.