1 | avengers initiative thingy

*Two Years Later* *Sandra is now 12 years old*

Rays of sunshine awaken me from my sleep. Even with my eyes closed, I can still see a hint of light through my eyelids. With sleep in my eyes and tousled hair, I sit up in bed and swing my legs over the side. A pit of worry fills me.

Oh no! I forgot to do my homework!

My eyes land on my desk, but instead of my homework piled on top of it, there's nothing but my journal. Oh, right, school ended two weeks ago. It's summer now, right.

I let out a yawn before heading into my bathroom. After I go to the restroom and brush my hair out, I walk downstairs and into the kitchen.

"Morning, Little Lady," my mom greets. She's making eggs as usual. We normally always eat eggs for breakfast except for the occasional cereal or pancakes. Basically, breakfasts at the Scott household are as boring as can be.

I take a seat at the table while my mom turns on the T.V. I yawn again when my eyes land on the news headline.

"Stargirl: Everything We Know About the Crime-Fighting Vigilante of Cleveland, Ohio."

My lips curl up into a smile as footage of me fighting off criminals is shown. But no matter what angle they capture me in, my face and hair is always blurred out which makes my smile grow even bigger. Thanks to two little devices on my super-suit's collar, light is always refracted around my face and around my head as a whole, which makes it impossible for anyone to get a clear picture or video of my head, as long as the devices are functioning properly. My good friend Cyndy had helped me make these little advanced devices to help hide my secret identity before-before she passed.

At the thought of Cyndy, I lose some of my appetite but force myself to gulp down my eggs anyway.

After breakfast, I head back up to my room, and with a sigh of boredom, I plop backwards onto my bed. My phone laying on the bed beside me immediately starts ringing. Thinking it's one of my friends, I pick it up only to see that it's just a spam call. Seriously?

Oh yeah, wait a second, I don't have any friends, or at least, not anymore. All my friends from last year are moving schools next year, and everyone knows that long distance friendships don't work out, especially when you weren't all that close to begin with. Great, just great, I'm going to have to make new friends next school year. What fun.

After a couple of minutes of just staring up at the ceiling with a blank expression on my face, I hear the door bell ring. I think nothing of it though. Delivery guy probably. I glance to the left of my room, and my eyes land on my bookshelf. Deciding that I have nothing better to do, I sit myself up on my bed by pushing myself up with my elbows and letting my socked feet hit the bedroom floor.

"Sandra!" my mom's demanding voice calls from downstairs.

Annoyance fills within me like I'm ready to burst like a balloon. Seriously? Oh come on! I was down there like fifteen minutes ago! What can she possibly need? How is it that even though you are bored and have nothing to do, that when either one of your parents calls you to do something, you suddenly feel irritated as if you were actually doing something productive alone in your room?

Even though it annoys me to pieces, I'm too obedient to pretend that I didn't hear her. She'd just call me again anyway. So I swing open my bedroom door with a little too much force and jog down the stairs despite being in socks. Slippery socks won't stop me from my mission though. All I want to do is get over with whatever my mom needs and get right back to the peacefulness of being alone and bored in my room. Almost being a hormonal teenager is great, isn't it? Just a few more weeks and I'll be thirteen years old. Whoo hoo.