Sleeping Gas and The Unfortunate

"Ring.. Ring.. Ring.."
Was the sound of the alarm clock, ringing throughout the whole room. Had it already been that long? Apparently so, yet Madeleine was still exhausted. He had always had a pretty sharp sleep schedule that made him able to function throughout the day. With him being a Knight and all, it was important to stay on schedule so drowsiness didn't get in the way. He sat up and readjusted his hair, for some reason unknown it wouldn't get tangled that often. He didn't change into nightwear, he was just wearing what he had on during the day since Espresso told him to. He began walking to the door, and opened it to find Espresso right outside. "Finally.. You took ages in there I almost predicted I would have to go and drag you outside myself." Espresso said sarcastically, adjusting his glasses before glancing out in the open once more. "I always will stick to instructions, even If they're sudden." Madeleine replied, trying to look at what Espresso was looking at even though there was practically nothing. "Espresso, I don't mean to be rude but are your eyes acting up again? I don't really know what you're looking at." Madeleine added, rubbing the back of his neck. "No, my eyesight is fine thank you very much. I wasn't browsing anything just thinking if this is going to be dangerous." Espresso said, before taking a few steps off of the small porch in front of his house. Madeleine walked with him, grabbing his hand so they wouldn't drift apart. "And.. what do you think you're doing?" Espresso said, looking down at their hands that were now intertwined. If Espresso hated it that much he would of just smacked his hand, but since it was so eerie outside tonight he figured it would be better safe then sorry. "It's just to be safe.. someone could pop out and grab you and then we'd both be screwed." Madeleine replied to his question, it was a good intention. "I suppose you aren't wrong, I'll allow this for once. We should pick up the pace, it's almost time and the Cookie Castle isn't that far ahead." Espresso said, holding on tighter to Madeleine's hand as they were starting to speed up walking.

Once they finally arrived in front of the Castle, it was dark and somewhat foggy on the ground. The kingdom had developed to be more modern nowadays. Instead of all these factories out in the open they have scattered across different parts of the town. Construction normally just builds neighborhoods so we can find places that suit us for living. In the distance, the two men could see a strange vehicle pulling up in front of where they were standing. The van door opened, as some fog had began to pour out of the car. Espresso and Madeleine looked at each other before deciding to get in. They had no idea what they were in for but they both thought it was too late to turn back now. The seats were comfortable, leather on the outlines of it. They were the only two in the car, despite the driver which they couldn't see who it was. The doors closed, and locked as the car lights began to dim. A slight noise of steam blowing could be heard, as it appeared smoked was inserting to the passengers division of the car. Espresso's eyes widened, him realizing what the point of it was. "Hold your bre-" He shouted before accidentally inhaling the gas and passing out. Madeleine tried to catch Espresso so he didn't fall out of his seat, but the panicked breath he took caused him to also pass out.

It was a bumpy ride, it went on for a few hours. The noises of rocks grinding under the van as it drove across meadows and streets. They picked up a few more people, before heading out to the boat that would then lead to their misery.
How Unfortunate.