4

Parker walked back to her hotel room, making sure Nick or Mace would not see her. She noticed her blood seeping out of the poorly bandaged hand, she walked to the bathroom, taking the velvet red cloth off as she ran the cold water over the hand. Parker walked to the mini-fridge, pulling out the sample Jack Daniels bottle and downing it, letting the burn of the amber liquid help numb her enough to stitch her hand. Parker walked back into the bathroom, shoved a hand towel into her mouth, holding it tightly with her teeth as she cleaned the area and stitched it up, making sure to muffle her screams.

Once she had the gash properly stitched up, she walked out, looking at her resignation email draft on her computer. she sighed, saving the email to draft and opening the softcopy of the file on the man and what he possessed.

"Edgar Ramirez," She read, going through his file. 

"Holy shit!" Parker sat back, looking at the information she had on the device. 

CIA safe house, Montmatre, France

Mace and Larry were sitting at a table in an empty room in the safe house.

"You lost three million dollars of the agency's money," Grady yelled at Mace. 

"Hey! Hey! This isn't an inquisition, we're just making sure we have all the facts for the report," Larry said, placing his hand on the table. 

"We lost the package, right?" Mace nodded, letting out a deep breath. "What did Nick say? He's been off comms," 

Everyone in the room got quiet, Grady slowly nodded, while Larry stared at Mace. Mace leaned to the table, "Just tell me,"

"Nick didn't make it." Larry nodded. "He was shot, going after the mark. I ID'd his body myself."

"I need some water," Mace swiftly got up. 

"Grady-" Larry turned to Grady.

"I can get it," Mace pushed past Grady, walking out of the room. 

Mace went to the bathroom, washing her hands and looking at her ring. She washed away her tears, taking her wig off. Mace stared at the fogged mirror, thinking about last night. 

"Did you like it? Or it is too much?" Nick asked looking at the ring as Mace laid next to him, her hand on his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat. 

"It's a bit much," She smiled, leaning to kiss his cheek. 

"I like it," He smiled, looking at her.

"I like it too," Nick smiled, pulling her close, kissing her eyebrow.

Mace leaned her head against the mirror. Accepting his death, she sighed, going back to the room. 

"So, it's still out there," She said, walking into the room.

"We have some leads," Larry nodded. 

"I can find it." Grady laughed at her claim while the other agent commented on it.  "I'm fine." She said, not breaking eye contact with Larry. 

"You're the one who lost it," Grady pointed out. 

"Fuck you, Grady!" Mace yelled at him. 

"Dial it down," Larry said calmly. 

"This is my-"

"I said, dial it down," Larry repeated. "Give us the room," He said to Grady, "And turn that thing off,"

"This is my op, you give it away-"

"The little red light.. has to go off," Mace held in her sigh, waiting for them to turn the live footage off.