Chapter 42

Jasmin's POV

   Ma comes through the door, holding bags of groceries.  "Hey, girls.  I'm ho-  Why do you all look like you've been crying?,"  She says, raising a brow.  "OMG, what happened?"

She puts the groceries down and sits down on the couch with us.  Do and Joan are still wiping away tears, so I speak up.  "Let's just say.....it was an eventful day.  Lanh kidnapped Do and Joan and I went to save her."

"NO FUCKING WAY!"  She responds, her eyes damn near popping out of her head.  She immediately hugs all three of us.

"Do, Joan, are you guys ok?"  Mama asks, pure concern in her voice.  "Aside from the fact that I'll need a therapist for the rest of my life, yeah."  Do tries to joke and smile, sniffling and wiping away tears.

"What if he tries something again?"  "We won't have to worry about seeing him ever again.  Unless it's from the grave."  I respond.

"Wait........he's dead?"  "I killed him."  Joan says, crying and covering her nose and mouth.  "Oh my God....."

"I've never killed someone before.  B-But I had to.  He threatened my child's life.  Jasmin was in danger, too.  He had henchmen and everything.  One was pinning her to the ground-"

"OH HEELLL NO!  Not my baby!  He better be glad I didn't get to kill him myself!  I would've put so many holes in him, he would've looked like swiss cheese!  Would've kicked him a little, too."

"Joan is a total badass.  If it weren't for her, I don't know what would've happened to me.  Especially with that big dude squishing my insides."

"I know she is,"  Ma says, proudly smiling.  "I knew she was because of the first time they had a showdown."

"If Mom is a badass, then Jasmin is, too.  I didn't know you could fight like that."  Do says, smiling at me.

"My instincts just kicked in.  Someone I care about was in danger.  I had to do everything in my being to do something and to save you."

"Well seems like you three have had a rough day.  Now I know I just bought groceries, but I think this calls for a celebratory dinner.  Cheers to no more Laaanh!"

"Cheers to no more Laaaaaaannnh!"  The three of us respond.