The Chosen One

I was not pleased. Learning that you were going to become a human sacrifice to some crazy ghost king in the next three hours was not my cup of tea. 

I groaned before bashing my head against the table. I still couldn't believe that I was the fucking chosen one. I mean couldn't they have literally chosen anyone else? But then again apparently the ghost king has a type so... 

"Danny. Look son I know this isn't ideal but.. The ghost king will destroy all of Amity otherwise." Said my dad as my mom frowned worriedly.

I snapped back. "Oh yeah!? Your not the one who has to go stand in front of the portal in three hours and wait for some bastard to crawl out from literal hell and decide whether your pretty enough or whatever the fuck or not."

Both of my parents cringed and then my sister finally spoke up. 

"Danny. Come on. Maybe it won't be that bad.." She said with a smile.

I just rolled my eyes because honestly. What a crock of shit. Everyone knows that when the ghost king returns the human he stole that they're just not the same and it's not just the 50 year age difference either. It's like he stole a part of their soul and didn't give it back. Some people even report the victims crying his name in their sleep. It's horrifying and he's been doing it since the town was founded. Claiming that this patch of land was his lair and that the town now belonged to him. It's kinda weird actually when  you go review the history books but it's true and it's why our town is the most cursed town in the world.

I shuddered and my sister sighed because she definitely agreed with me.

I ultimately decided to just go downstairs after that since we owned the ghost portal and start the waiting process early. I mean.. might as well just get it over with and be done. 

I heard footsteps follow me and I turned my head to see Jazz standing at the top of the stairs staring down with a frown and I wanted to sigh again but I held it in.

Jazz never said anything and three hours passed like a blur as I ended up taking out my phone and playing a pokemon red emulator while I waited.

I heard a scratching noise and I froze. Something was at the portal. I shuddered as the temperature dropped. Definitely not my cup of tea. 

"Let me in.." the thing whispered. 

I didn't want to listen. I really didn't but even so I pressed the button and the door opened revealing what was probably both the prettiest and the most terrifying ghost I've ever seen. He had shiny white hair and toxic green eyes with a hazmat and his hair seemed to be caught in an ethereal wind.

I shuddered and then he was in my face looking at me like I was the sun. I took a step back and he frowned before tilting his head. It kinda reminded me of a curious puppy and then he circled me and nodded.

"I like you. What's your name?" he whispered.

I blinked before answering "Danny. Danny Fenton."

I watched as he smiled a smile that was all teeth and then he grabbed me by my shirt and I knew it was over. The ghost king had made his choice. I gulped and we were gone. I never even got to say a proper goodbye... 

Teleporting was definitely a weird experience. One moment your in the lab being checked out by the king of ghost himself and then the next your in his hands floating over all of Amity as he makes a shocking announcement.

"HUMANS OF AMITY! I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR THIS CONTRIBUTION! I LIKE THIS HUMAN! HE WILL BE STAYING WITH ME UNTIL HE DIES! IN RETURN AS PER USUAL I WILL PROTECT YOUR TOWN FROM GHOSTS AND THE LIKE BUT! MY FIRST PRIORITY WILL NOW BE THIS HUMAN!" The ghost king hollered