Chapter 3- The Probending match

Start from the beginning

She then fell out the gates with a thud. She huffs, running back into the spinning gates.

"Don't force your way through."

"Dance, dance like the wind." Ikki encourages.

Meelo starts moving his body around like a serpent. "Be the leaf."

Dad lets out a heavy sigh as Korra is pushed out of the gates once again.

"I think that's enough for today." I suggest.

That night, Korra and I were sitting outside, near the white lotus sentries' headquarter. Korra had the newspaper from earlier hung up across her face as she aggressively tries to airbend it.

"What's wrong with me?" Korra yells at herself. "Airbend!" She then ferociously firebends the paper in frustration.

"Hey, I was on that newspaper!" I call out a little disappointed.

Korra's ear twitches as she hears a radio broadcast of a pro bending match nearby; where the guards are excitedly listening to.

She calls me over as we jump on top of the roof and begin listening ourselves.

"Ladies and gentlemen from republics cities pro bending arena, where tonight, the best in the world continue request for a spot in the upcoming championship tournament. Grab your snacks, grab your kids because this next match is going to be a doozy."

For the next hour or so, Korra and I are just sitting on the roof top listening to the match, but the radio gets turned off.

Korra and I both look at each other in confusion.

"Fara, Korra, come down here please."

I slowly airbend off the roof. "Oh, hey, daddy."

Korra swung her arms around. "You shut it off at the best part."

"I thought I made myself clear. I don't want you listening to this distracting nonsense."

"But it's their radio," I chime in. "And technically, you said we couldn't watch a match. You never said anything about listening to one."

Dad opens his mouth as he groans. "You know what I meant." He then begins to stutter. "Anyways should- shouldn't you two be in bed now?" He walks away but not before blowing a large gust of wind at Korra and I with his robe cape.

Korra giggles as she lifts up her hand for me to give her a high five.

✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧

The next morning, I was woken up very early for meditation.

I yawn as I head to the meditation session. "Why did you have to wake me up? I don't need this."

"Don't you want to spend quality time with your siblings and I?"

I blankly stare at my father. "What I want to do is sleep."

"You can sleep after."

I rolled my eyes, sitting next to Jinora, crossing my legs together and resting my eyes.

We sat in silence for five minutes before Korra started talking. "I think I'm doing this wrong."

"There's nothing to do." Dad responds, kind of annoyed. "Let your mind and your spirit be free, for air is the element of freedom."