Chapter 3: The First Day

Start from the beginning

I stop half way and turned to look at them. "Papa said we are late."

"No, we still have 20 minutes. Mom prepared your breakfast." She said and started walking to the kitchen.

I followed her.

*****

Lillian POV

I know I have said it exaggeratingly, but I'm not lying when she dressed like an old hag. For sure they will notice her and she just gave them a reason to make fun of her. I really wanted her to flaunt her exceptional beauty, she's hiding behind those thick glasses.

Urgh ...

She's frustrating now, in all honesty.

I don't understand why she's acting that way. I hope they won't notice her. And I hope Frederick's friends are not at school today. I know they don't show up most of the time, but I'm still crossing my fingers. After that party, I knew she pissed Alexander greatly.

And, I know Nicki is as stubborn as a bull. But she's very good in controlling her emotions. I've never seen her cry. Sometimes, I envied her. I wanted to be like her. Tough. And she doesn't care about the world. She does what she likes to do and nothing can stop her.

*****

Nikki POV

As soon as the three of us settled inside the car, Paulo hit the road. Not long, we reached the school. Paulo was about to pulled inside the school driveway, but I stopped him. The girls were looking at me questioningly.

"Drive straight Paulo and drop us at the first block," I ordered nonchalantly, ignoring the incredulous look they gave me.

Paulo looks at me confused, but he drove anyway and dropped us at the first block without a word.

As soon as we all got off the car, Lilian and Mara bombarded me with questions.

"Is this included in your scheme?" Lilian frowned.

"So we need to walk a block to school every day? Not that I mind," Mara inquired shrugging her shoulders.

"Si," I replied curtly.

Then, I followed them. I have my schedule with me. And, besides daddy made sure I will be in the same class as Mara and Lilian.

Soon, we were walking down the big hallway of the building. I can see some eyes inspecting me from head to toe, but it didn't bother me.

Our first class is history and the room is at the second floor. We walked up along the wide stairs and to the second door from the stairs.

When we walked in, the girls I would say ninety percent was wearing short fancy dresses. Lilian wasn't kidding.

The chaos stops as soon as they notice me. Some eyes starting to scrutinize my appearances which I hardly just shrugged it off. Eyes skimming from head to toe, and from that moment, I regretted wearing my loose yoga pants.

Don't mind people like them. I kept on rambling in my head. Lilian and Mara led me to the back where four chairs unoccupied. I took the one right by the window, then Mara seated beside me then Lilian.

Then, they continued chattering, giggling. Some are whispering while looking at me which I just ignored again.

Then, an average height man with a thick glasses, brown skin, walked in with a folder and a book in his hand. He slammed the book on the table making a loud noise, and the students scrambled to their seats.

"Good Morning, Class. I am Lorenzo Fuentes. And I am your History teacher for the whole year. I'm afraid, we'll be seeing the same faces each day for the whole year," he quipped and a loud laughed broke out, filling the room.