Chapter 17: Rebirth

"Daddy..."

Harry woke up. The first thing he felt was coldness under his skin. He felt naked. He opened his eyes, groaning and looked down. He was naked. Naked as the day he was born. But he also noticed that there was not one scratch on him. 'Strange' he thought. Then he thought back to what happened as he stood up. He was in King's Cross.

He died. He was hit with the Killing Curse.

He gasped at the memory. It happened. He's gone. For good. Hermione would be friendless and loveless. Arabella would be without a father. Half an orphan. He began to cry.

"Why are you crying, son?" he heard an angelic voice. He looked up and saw a beautiful woman who couldn't have been much older than him. She had red hair and one of the sweetest-looking faces he'd ever seen. She, unlike him, was wearing clothes. A black turtleneck and jeans. What Harry noticed was her eyes. They were emerald-green's. Like Arabella's. Like his.

"Mum?" She smiled and nodded.

He ran to her and hugged her. He felt warm in her embrace. It was his first motherly hug he'd ever had. He wanted to make it last, but he pulled away. She stroked the side of his face and wiped away his tears.

"A-am I...dead?" he asked her.

She just smiled at him and shook her head. "No, Harry, you're not. You're dying. Not there yet."

"Harry!" he heard behind his mother.

He looked and smiled at his almost doppleganger.

"Come here, rascal!" Harry ran to his father and hugged him tightly.

"You have no idea what it's like to meet your parents for the first time!" he said sobbing now.

"Come on now, pup, don't cry. Potter men don't cry," James tried to man him up.

He chuckled and wiped the tears away. "I just missed you two. For ten years, I was told you two were awful people who didn't care about me. But then I heard the truth from Hagrid and I was...happy that you loved me. And now, I know."

They smiled.

"We will always love you," Lily said. James nodded in agreement.

"I love you, too," their son replied.

"So, I hear you are a father now?" Lily asked crossing her arms sternly. "Want to explain something to us?"

Harry blushed as his father clapped him on this shoulder. "Alright, Harry!" He looked very proud. Lily gave him a stern look and his smile turned to a frown quickly.

"It's okay. I love her. And her mother. Her mother's name is Hermione Granger. Our daughter's name is Arabella Charlotte Granger-Potter. She's beautiful. They both are," he said smiling dreamily. "Arabella has our eyes, Mum. Emerald-green. They're gorgeous. And she has Hermione's not-so-bushy brown hair." They knew all of this information.

"We know. We've been watching you. Hermione seems to be a lovely young woman," Lily said.

Harry grinned thinking of her. "She is. I'm in love with her. But I never got to tell her."