026. SOLO NIGHT SWIMS

I don't believe my ears when I hear Judge McKoy's final verdict. I don't believe that we've won. That I've won.

James' head is in his hands, and I swear I saw a few tears. Old Leah would've cried. Old Leah would've felt bad for him. Yet that's truly the complete opposite of what I'm actually feeling. I'm feeling proud, happy, and I feel like my revenge has come.

Karma's a bitch, isn't it?

Alisa is hugging me, stroking my hair, repeatedly telling me "We did it, we did it, we did it, we did it."

Xander's clapping and flapping around like a bird. The mood of the courtroom seems much more lifted and happy compared to just an hour ago. Till James' father lashes out at Xander, who was clearly taken aback. He pins him to the ground without difficulty.

The room fills with gasps but Xander doesn't look the least bit scared or terrified. Instead he's smiling and laughing, flashing his white teeth at the man, which infuriates him even more. "Hey man, you know, you're just a tad bit too heavy. Could you move just a bit to the right? Kinda blocking my stomach from doing it's job."

The man punches Xander in the face. Straight in the jaw. He rubs it with his hand and I already see a purple bruise forming. "Shut the fuck up!" The man screams.

That was what alerted the judge. "Please, Mr. Cornell, do not use that type of language in the courtroom!" I look back at the judge who's using some sort of intercom. I suspect it's police.

Just a few seconds later, police comes marching in. They do a good job of pulling his father off Xander. I immediately run up to Xander, who is still collapsed similarly to a starfish on the floor. "God, Xander—are you—"

He smiles and I stop talking. "Do I look beaten up? Well yes, I suppose, but looks can be deceiving."

I help him sit up and Jameson presses ice to his bruise. Xander doesn't do as much as flinch. It's like the ice-pack that is really burning his skin, is rather, refreshing him.

"Alisa," I hear Graysons voice say. I immediately turn to it. "Celeste and I are going to the house now. We'll see you...when we see you."

Alisa furrows her brows at Celeste, and similar to Jameson, stares at Celeste's hand which is so purposely planted around Grayson's bicep. "Should I-"

For the first time I've ever seen Alisa, she looks like she's at a loss for words.

"Should I tell your mother about..." she looks purposely hard on Celeste's hand and back up at them, "that? I'm sure she'd be very happy."

Grayson looks scuffled that everyone's asking him the same question. "We're not together, Alisa," he says through grit teeth.

"Maybe sometime soon, though," Celeste says, looking up at Grayson with a cruel smile.

"Okay," Alisa says, wary. "We'll see you at the house.

___

Alisa went full party mode when we reached the house. She had kicked her shoes off, even changed into pajamasa sight I had never seen, even before we were about to go to bed. But I completely understood her. I mean, if I'd been getting four hours of sleep for the last ten days, I'd rejoice the second it was over.

Articles are already popping up about our victory. I click on another by The Texan Rider.

𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚃𝙴𝚇𝙰𝙽 𝚁𝙸𝙳𝙴𝚁

𝙻𝙴𝙰𝙷 𝙰𝙳𝙻𝙴𝚁 𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙷𝙰𝚆𝚃𝙷𝙾𝚁𝙽𝙴 𝙵𝙰𝙼𝙸𝙻𝚈 𝚁𝙴𝙹𝙾𝙸𝙲𝙴 𝙾𝚅𝙴𝚁 𝚅𝙸𝙲𝚃𝙾𝚁𝚈