Lie of Denial (p6)

Where the subject flat out denies claims or allegations.

03 November 2015

Tuesday

09:45

Rosé stared at the message she received the night before Charlie's murder. Guilt gnawed her insides till she felt herself breaking. The possibility that she might've saved Charlie and the possibility that she might've gotten herself killed in the process tug her apart internally. The choice between good and bad, war and peace; always broke people. 

She wiped away her puffy eyes and buried herself deeper into her blanket fortress. She'd ignored all the calls from her mother and locked her bedroom door, drowning away in depression she'd even been tempted enough to climb down her window and steal whiskey from Jonathon Armdown, their schools weed slash alcohol slash drug dealer. 

Three knocks on her door followed by the turn of a key caused her ears to perk up, it was none other than Emilia peering through the crack in the door with a brown paper bag full of bagels and a cup of coffee in the other. 

"Thought you might want some."

Rosé nodded and gave her best friend a small smile when she handed her the steaming hot cup of coffee and a cream cheese bagel. "The police are doing their best Rosé, even though we know their best is our worst. I will get justice for Charlie, even if it's the last thing I do."

Rosé pulled her into a side hug, burying her nose into her shirt, "I want it to stop. This aching feeling in my chest of never seeing Charlie again. Realizing his possessions are the last things that I can use to remember him-" Her words are cut off by a sob leaving her throat. "Do you know, their voice is the first thing you forget about someone?"

Emilia soothingly rubbed her back, "he'll always live in our hearts, you know that." Rosé nodded with understanding but the tears never stopped, for the mind would understand things the heart would never. 

03 November 2015

03 November 2015

Tuesday

13:24 

Emilia handed a candle to another student, "thanks." It was Charlie's memorial, being held in their school basement. They'd all bunked classes as a rebellion, it was a time to remember Charlie and Elowen. More for Charlie, less for Elowen but ehh, teens roll differently. 

"Ems", Clare called out. Emilia's head jerked up to meet her friend's gaze, "yeah?" 

"Did you see Rosé anywhere?" Emilia sighed, shaking her head. She'd held Rosé when she broke down into her arms and finally dissipated into a sleep long overdue. The police interview had drained her and the loss of two people akin to family was overwhelming to the point where she was still trying to process the situation. Emilia was no different but she knew she had to remain strong for everyone around her.