152. Lying Through the Teeth; Blackmailing Him In His Face

If the news that Xinyuan Restaurant often sent a few carriages to fetch the jam was shocking enough, this time it’d be much more shocking that Shopkeeper Zhang came in person. A long line of black horses pulling carts behind stopped before the gate of Ling Jingxuan’s new house. Then under Ling Jingpeng’s leading, they went to the basement in the old house. One carriage stuffed after another. A lot of villagers gathered around, gossiping while pointing at his new manor.

“Look, Ling Jingxuan has really made a killing. I heard he is close to Xinyuan restaurant in town.”

“Yeah, they come here several times this month! Look at his new house, even the landlord in the next village’s big house can’t compare with his! I guess it should at least cost a few thousand taels of silver!”

“He even acquaints himself with the magistrate! I heard he did the magistrate a favor. No wonder he gets rich!”

“Bah, money can never erase the nasty thing he has ever done! Even now, he is still hiding some wild man in his place! A bi*ch is a bi*ch…”

“In my opinion, the fengshui of the old xiucai’s house is not good, or how could their family have so many whores?”

“Haha…”

Among the crowd, some were jealous, some admired them, some even hated them to the bones. Except Ling Jingxuan’s family and Zhao&Han couple, no one else really knew how he made such a huge fortune. Most of them still thought it was Ling Jingxuan who gave him the money. Even for those things he sold every time, they thought it was some kind of shady secret money-earning business that man brought. Otherwise, how to explain he got so rich over one night?

Hiding in the crowd, Ling Xiaoying stared at that huge manor with hatred, two hands crossed, with undisguised anger on her face. The one she hated most was living a better life now. On the contrast, the big son’s family never stopped making a scene, all the dirty and hard work fell on her dad and them. And her grandma often vent the anger on them. Although her grandpa had recovered, he no longer ran any affairs. Her parents got so exhausted every day, how would they have time to find a husband, they even didn’t have time to talk to her. And her brothers were also no better. Her elder brother who had been married only cared about his wife, and her younger brother who hadn’t been married cared about nothing. If he could be so lucky like Ling Jingxuan to meet a guy like Yan Shengrui, she’d be willing to marry him even without a name.

“Elder sister, look! Brother Jingxuan is back.”

No one knew when the third son Ling Chenghu’s youngest son Ling Jingxiao came back. He came over while pointing at the familiar carriage. He was only twelve years old. Compared with other members in old Ling family, he apparently looked green. Some time ago when Ling Chenglong helped those workers do some chores, he also came to help, and Ling Chenglong secretly stuffed him a lot of food he hadn’t eaten before. And since then, he often came, also he became the only one from the old Ling family that could go in the manor.

“Ah… what are you doing, sister? It hurts so much…”

The ear suddenly got pinched, Ling Jingxiao cried, Ling Xiaoying ignored it and grabbed his ear while walking forward, “What’s there to look at? Huh? They just earn some smelly money! But he is still a shameless bi*ch…”

Many onlookers heard her swearing words all the way, all couldn’t help shaking their heads. A girl that even hadn’t gotten engaged said such nasty words like bi*ch? The fengshui of the old xiucai’s house was really not good!

“Brother Ling, you’re back finally.”

When Ling Jingxuan came back, workers from Xinyuan Restaurant, Ling Jingpeng, Zhao&Han couple who came to help were busy carrying wine from the basement, while Shopkeeper Zhang moved forward to greet him.