"I love you... As a friend, 'cause you got that thing for Sam," Kalon teased with a smile as Miguel went red. "Shut up! But I love you too, as a friend," Miguel replied before the two laughed, well Miguel more so groaned due to his ribs. The two sat on the couch watching movies and eating snacks for the rest of the day. Kalon had fallen asleep with her head on Miguel's lap while he had fallen asleep sitting up, Carmen took a photo of the two.

· · ─────── ·✿· ─────── · ·

"So that's it? No more karate?" Demetri asked as the group sat down in the library for study. "I guess so," Miguel shrugged. "My dad plans to close the Dojo... And he's back to drinking and disappearing again," Kalon added before looking down to her sketchpad, she had her feet up on the chair, her knees to her chest as she drew. "It's probably for the best. It was starting to boost your confidence," Demetri spoke after sending Kalon a sympathetic smile for her comment.

"Isn't that a good thing?" Miguel asked Demetri with furrowed brows. "He has a point, 'Metri. Confidence is a good thing, so long as you don't let its power get to your head," Kalon expressed as she looked up subtly, tilting her head. "No. What has confidence ever gotten anybody except for a black eye and their backpack thrown in the trash?" Demetri explained to them. "Well, I thought it was kind of cool how you stood up to Kyler," Eli spoke softly to Miguel.

"Are you insane?" Demetri exclaimed to his best friend causing the boy to frown and look down, Kalon glared at Demetri. "Let me ask you, what is the best superpower anyone could have?" Demetri asked. "Super strength," Miguel said. "Scarlet Witch. Her power allows you to be stronger than anyone," Kalon explained before looking up at Demetri. "Wrong. Invisibility," Demetri clarified while Eli agreed with Kalon's response.

"A distant second would be super speed to run away fast," Demetri added. "Run away from who?" Kyler's voice startled the four. "Whom. It's the object of a preposition. Remember English class..." Brucks rambled on as the four friends began to pack up their things. "And we were just leaving," Miguel spoke up as they began to walk out, Miguel holding Kalon's arms as the girl glared harshly at Kyler; picturing a thousand ways she'd torture him.

"Hey, where are you going?" Kyler spoke before grabbing Eli and holding his face to get a closer look at his scar. "Oh, look at this freak," Kyler spoke next, Kalon moved to step forward but Mike stood in her way. "What kind of girl would ever kiss this shit?" Kyler asked with a wide grin. "You know, I kept asking that question when it came to you, Kyler. Does Sam know you're using her to add to your list of chicks you've humped then dumped?" Kalon seethed out.

Kyler turned to look at Kalon, shoving Eli away from him and walking towards her. "You telling me that you would kiss him? We all know you've never had your first kiss. Sam told us that you're still a virgin," Kyler teased while Mike looked her up and down. "Huh, that explains Mike's desperate attempts to get me in his bed. How pathetic. Are you that bad that you gotta chase after virgins just to get lucky, that's gotta be unfortunate," Kalon snapped as she stepped forward.

"And yeah, Kyler, I'd kiss Eli. No hesitation, no regret and I know damn well, I'd enjoy every second of it. Why? Are you jealous?" Kalon taunted causing Kyler to step back. "Now unless you want your ass kicked by a chick, I'd suggest you walk away," Kalon warned harshly. Kyler swallowed dryly before motioning for his boys to follow him, they left the library and Kalon let out a slow breath to calm her anger.

She opened her eyes and looked to her three friends who were all looking at her with impressed smiles. "I gotta admit... I have a pretty badass best friend," Miguel spoke making Kalon smile before she looked to Eli, the two locked eyes causing Kalon to blush lightly. "That was hot. Okay, confidence can be good in some cases," Demetri commented before making his way out of the library, Miguel following behind him. Kalon looked down to let out another breath to calm her nerves noticing her sketchpad was still on the table.

She turned towards the table to see Eli staring down at the almost photographic drawing of him, capturing him, scar and all. "I, uh... Should've asked you if it was okay to draw you... I'm sorry, I just..." Kalon trailed off and looked down. "I love it," Eli replied softly as he stood in front of her. Kalon looked up at Eli as he held out the sketchpad to her. "Really?" Kalon spoke in the same soft tone. "Yeah. You can draw me whenever. Uh, let's go catch up with the others," Eli spoke.

· · ─────── ·✿· ─────── · ·

Rosemary Speaks

Okay... I'm already soft for Eli and Kalon... I'm not so keen for Hawk yet because *CENSORED*

How do you feel about the slight scene change? Badass Kalon for the win?

Thoughts on this chapter?

See you in the next chapter!