After a few moments had passed, she let out a small smirk while looking at me and spoke "Perhaps I'm interrupting something important? I shall come back later"

Caera followed her words with a knowing smile, that didn't quite reach her eyes; taking a brief glance at Abby, she quickly spun around to leave.

I stood there with my mouth half-open, not knowing what to say.

'Oops. Caught red handed!' Regis commented before barking a laugh. 'What!?' I asked my companion in confusion at his words.

"Lady Caera, please— wait!" I heard Abby call out to Caera who had started taking steps towards the exit door.

Hearing Abby's voice, Caera halted her steps. But didn't turn around, and waited for Abby, who was now strolling past the room and ran to halt beside me.

"I-I was just leaving..." Abby said, her eyes darting between Caera's back, and me.

Hearing Abby's words, Caera turned around to look at Abby. Their gazes locked and they held it for a few moments, before Abby lowered hers and spoke softly. "Grey, thanks for your time. I shall take my leave now. See you around"

Bowing at Caera, she said, "Lady Caera, get well soon!"

I smiled at the blonde haired professor, who hurriedly stormed out of the room after saying goodbye to us.

Caera saw my smiling face, and smirked back. "I see why you haven't come to check up on me for the past two days", her gaze moved to the disappearing professor.

My smile froze at her words. I wordlessly looked at Caera, who swiftly spun on her heels and walked out before saying a few words "I'll be leaving back to my room. And, I hope you can find your way back. A word of advice: Try to change your shirt before coming out, if you don't want be flocked by more women, on the way back" I heard her giggle softly, before she disappeared from my sight.

***

"That's another win for me", I said smirking, while Caera's brows furrowed in irritation.

"I-I'm not feeling well right now. Perhaps my injury is making it hard to focus. I'll surely win when I'm fully recovered", She said letting out an embarrassed cough and not meeting my eyes.

I stifled a laugh at her words, and shook my head, thinking how competitive she can get at times.

I had come to Caera's suite, after leaving the training room and washing up. We have been chilling for the past few hours, playing Caera's favourite game.

Regis, in his puppy form, was sitting between Caera and I; his head nuzzled on top of Caera's lap as she softly ruffled his mane.

'You sure you're a weapon?' I asked the shadow wolf, who was humming inside my head and had a smile with his eyes closed; his happiness practically oozing into our mental link.

'Oh shut up princess. You're just jealous' Regis mocked.

He then lifted his head up before skittering further up on Caera's lap. His puppy head practically brushing against— Caera's chest.

My face turned red at my companion's actions, and his thoughts. I shot him a warning glare, which he just brushed off.

Caera had noticed my unusual behaviour and her gaze turned curious. She followed my gaze to where I was looking at— Regis.

"W-What are you—", she stuttered before trailing off. Her face turned red as she realised what was happening. She hastily grabbed the shadow pup and put him in the empty chair between us.