Abby looked at me, unmoving, before she pondered at my words; "O-Oh... right! Sure!... H-Here, use it." She said in a soft tone before handing me the towel.

Quickly wiping off my sweat, I spun around and walked back to one of the chairs and sat down.

Abby fidgeted at her position, gazing between me and the shadow wolf who was lying in the corner looking at her in a lewd manner.

I ignored all the— thoughts, Regis seems to be having in his mind, and asked Abby, "So, do you need anything else?— I can wash and give back the towel la-"

Abby took out a wooden basket before I could finish my sentence.

Her gaze fixed on ground, she spoke "I-I br-brought some food— for you— for us... Since you probably haven't eaten in two days, I.." her voice trailed off as she slowly lifted her head to look at me.

My eye brows raised at her words. I was surely taken aback by her action. Why would she bring me food? Did someone send her to keep an eye on me? Probably a scythe? Did Nico—

'You're thinking too much. It's just food. I'd say eat it' Regis intervened my thoughts.

I raised a brow at my companion's words. 'Oh? Is that what it is? Or do you simply want to hit on her if a chance arrives?'

'Hey, unlike you, I'm not a mindless idiot to let women go who obviously have interest in me. Now shut the hell up so I can enjoy the view from here' Regis shot back.

Ignoring my companion's harsh words, I realised that I haven't replied to Abby in a while.

She was waiting with her food basket in hand; her gaze still fixed on me.

Letting out a sigh, I gestured Abby to come. With a small smile on my face, I said "Thanks, Abby. You're a good friend. I don't mind sharing a bite with you. Please..."

Although I had been having it rough in the past weeks, it felt really good to eat with someone. Abby was a perfect partner for having some light conversations, coupled with lots of rumours and gossips. She was helpful in getting up-to-date with the academy matters, since Caera and I usually spend most of our time inside the Relictombs.

Hours passed as Abby and I spent time in each other's company. She had relaxed quite a lot after the few tense initial moments. Going as far as to sit closer to me; and touch me on occasions, as she kept teasing about my appearance after a good training session.

Her honey-tinted eyes darted around me from time to time; And her smile didn't leave throughout our conversations.

"Oh come on Grey, stop mo-", Abby's voice froze and she cocked her head towards the training room door. She quickly removed her hand from my shoulder, and stepped back to her seat.

Following her gaze, I saw the training room door open, and a familiar figure walking in.

I stood up and my face smiled unconsciously.

Caera walked down the stairs slowly; her eyes crinkled in obvious pain from moving her body around, due to her injuries.

I hastily ran towards her and held her; reaching out my hands for her to support, which she took after noticing my arrival.

Her face brightened and she smiled; which froze when she looked past me to see Abby; I turned back to follow her gaze; Abby was now standing at the place she had been sitting all these time.

There were still some food left on our plates; next to the wooden basket... I saw Caera's eyes darting between Abby and me.

Her face looked unreadable; but I could see curiosity in her eyes.