It Ends With Us

Mirabel's POV

    Betrayal. My emotions were all over the place, but one stuck out from the rest: betrayal. I felt so betrayed, James was a traitor. I left everything for him, I guess this is why I can't have good things. If I can't be good then...

I'll just have to be the villain of my own story.

     He had cheated on me and I was too dumb to see, I get why he cheated though. The person he was with was both handsome and beautiful at the same time, no one could compare to that. I can't take this anymore, I'M TIRED OF ALWAYS BEING THE SECOND CHOICE! I felt all the: rage, jealousy, and pain swallow me up. I ran up to them and slapped James across the face, my hand leaving a print on his cheek. Yet things would just get worse, I stepped on a body. OH MY GOD, WERE THEY DEAD?! I felt James' significant other tie my hands behind my back, guess I was going to end up like the dude on the floor. Suddenly I felt a familiar voice enter my mind:

Mirabel...

    No, it can't be back... can it? I thought James had left it the moment we escaped from that hellhole, guess he wasn't the guy I thought he was. I felt something warm and wet on my cheek, was I seriously crying? Oh, Mirabel Madrigal you're so weak! Stop being so weak, you're so emotional. 

I can help you show James that he made the wrong decision.

    I can't listen, I can't... that's when I heard sirens. The rescue operations had come! They arrested James and his partner, I felt all the thoughts in my head disappear. Then I spotted a glowing object in James' pocket, it was a dark-blue candle. The Dark Casita, I could officially build a new casita with all the power it held. I felt an arm grab me from below, what the $%&!? "Hey!" the person below me said, he had brown hair with greyish-blue eyes. He wore a feather earring on his right ear yet he was covered in blood.

(Reference Image Below, made using artbreeder)

           "Don't mind the blood or your boyfriend." he uttered with a wink. I looked at him annoyed and put my hand out for him. He grabbed it and I pulled him up, he stared at me in gratitude. Great I didn't need another James in my life, I walked away but he grabbed my arm. "Hey, wait for me!" he called out. "Sure, I'll take you to the nearest medic." I mumbled emotionlessly. He quickly catched up to me and didn't ask any more questions, maybe he just wanted someone to heal him. I wish I had someone I could rely on like that, the silence between us wasn't awkward it just felt lonely. "I'm sorry for assuming he was your boyfriend earlier." he apologized, at least he apologized. "I mean it's not like what you said wasn't true..." I mumbled, he stopped in his tracks and gave me a huge hug. "Friends?" he asked, "Friends." I accepted with a slight smile.

          "So why were you covered in blood?" I quizzed, he looked away from me. Guess it was my turn to ask the uncomfortable questions. "Your ex-boyfriend or so I hope is a ... He had killed my best friend in front of my eyes and I was his new target, but you saved me. You saved my life." he remarked, cutting out bits and pieces of his sentence. It must've been traumatic for him to lose someone that close to him, but I couldn't completely understand him. Why? Well that's because I never had any friends growing up, I envied him for that. We walked towards the medic in absolute silence, we finally reached our destination. "Thanks for taking me..." he noted, "No problem." I answered. 

Will I see you again?

       Suddenly the world stopped moving around me, "Of course." I answered. He gave me a smile, "Find me if you ever need me." he whispered and then the medic's doors opened. Now I would need to find out how to steal the glowing entity from my ex-boyfriend.

???'s POV

        I woke up inside of a familiar place, but I couldn't recognize exactly what it was. I got up and looked around, this wasn't my house. Who was I? I don't remember anything. I looked for a mirror around this place, but I couldn't find anything. I stomped my foot in frustration and suddenly someone entered the area. "You're awake!" they exclaimed, the voice was masculine. They made me sit down and quickly went to what I believe was the kitchen, they bestowed a delicious meal towards me. I recognized it as paella almost immediately, the shrimp inside of it looked so fresh. I started slurping down the food, it tasted so delicious. 

I could live here forever!

      Then, my eyes caught something on the table: a newspaper. What could this mean? I looked at it and shock filled my entire body.

Newspaper:

"Only one body was recovered from the family Madrigal's casita. No others have been found yet, death toll has been reduced to one."

        I stared at the pictures of them, they all looked so familiar. The abuela of the family looked extremely old, I bet she was going to die soon anyways. I went to walk around the house only to see someone knocking at the window. I stopped in my tracks and gasped. I felt the person's cold stare look at me then, I felt glass shards attack my body. Now that I think about it, that person looks a lot like abuela Alma from the family Madrigal. Wait...

Was Alma still alive?!