Chap 2: Atlas

Previously
"I feel kind of bad for asking but Iverson has been saying I'm slipping and I was wondering if you could help?-"

.  .  .  .  .

Octavia's POV
I looked up at the guy surprised again. "Sure. But please don't be annoying like Lance- He asked me to tutor him just so he could be a pervert. I left to fill our water bottles up and he was smelling my pijamas." I sighed, holding my head with my right hand.

He chuckled softly again, resting on my door frame. "I can promise I'm not asking just to perve on you. I haven't even introduced myself have I? Whoops- My names Keith or you can just call me Kogane like everyone else."

He smiled, giving me a sense of comfort as he held his hand out to shake. Which I gladly shook, giving him a sweet smile. "Well it's nice to meet you Keith, you already know my names Octavia. But if you like you can just call me Via."

I giggled a little and moved so he could come in. "Let me clean my desk up quickly, unless you want to study on my bed instead."

Keith shook his head. "Don't worry Via. Todays been a big day with the Solo Pilot Tests. You deserve a break."

This guy is so much different to everyone else- "Keith- I insist really. You saved me from getting bullied for the rest of my life. Not that it would matter I could easily beat James but. But that's not my point. Even if Iverson asked you to bring it to me. You brought my journal back. Please let me repay you!"

I pleased, giving him puppy eyes. "Ugh fine. Stop pulling that face at me though." He grumbled to himself quietly, getting flustered as he covered my face with his soft hands.

I giggled and held his hands, moving them so I could peek at him a little. "But why? Does it get you flustered?~" I teased before seeing Lance come up behind him. Great-

"Hey lovebirds, my birthdays coming up. You should totally come to my celebration up on the roof on Friday. Oh sorry Keith, didn't see you there. I was to distracted by the beautiful princesa." Lance smiled and winked at me, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Sorry Lance, Keith and I were just about to study. But sure, I'll see if I can make it I guess." I gave a quick little smile before pulling Keith into my dorm and closed the door.

"How do you fight the urge to punch him in the face?" Keith looked at me confused for a second, like I had done something amazing.

I giggled and shook my head. "That's a story for another time, now lets get your grades up Kogane."

. . . . .

After Keith brought me my journal back and I helped him study, his grades started getting stable again. You could say we became friends.

We've been spending a lot more time together, you know out of tutor and class. I was on my way to my dorm when I saw heaps of cadets huddled around a notice board.

"Octavia! Look!" One of the girls from the solo course saw and pulled me into the crowd. When I looked at the board my eyes went wide.

ATLAS MISSION CREW

Oliver Andrews: OJA
Matthew Rodgers: MWR
Keith Kogane: Fuck you
Octavia Silver Iverson: _______

I was qualified for a mission! I was going to going to space. I can't believe it!