Volume 10: Warnings and Promises

Start from the beginning

"Just leave me alone! Leave me and Archer alone! Move on! Do whatever the hell you want with your life but just leave me be! Be free! Leave me happy! Please!" I screamed at him, with tears escaping my eyes.

And for a second, I could see a little of compassion in his eyes before it again turn into anger. He stood on his feet in seconds. He brush the dirt and blood off of his suit, though you still see the stains in it. He smirked again. He took a heavy step closer that made me jump, squirm and fall onto the floor with my very own thud.

"The more things change, the more they stay the same, Mario. You think you have change, that you have grown. That you have fallen in love. You might get rid of me, which it's impossible, but you will never be happy. You will never be strong nor brave. All you are a fantasing, pathetic, weak little bookworm and that's all you'll ever be."

I tried to block his voice out. I tried to ignore it. But I just couldn't. A small little voice, a small part of me, believe it.

"And if you think Archer really cares about you, you're more stupid and pathetic than I ever thought. He doesn't care about you. He will never. He is a thief, a criminal. A liar" he said to me, while I sat on the floor.

Even though, my powers were going crazy with every word he said. Even though, I knew the truth. A part of me still believe it.

"Come back to me, Mario. I will make you happy again. I will take care of you. I love you" he simply said.

That's what did it. When he used those three little words, that small part of me stop talking. It just went silent. In fact, every part of my body burn in wrath.

"Shut up!" I screamed at him.

For the second, my whole body gain this amazing courage. I felt as if I could beat Clark. Not physically, of course, but my body reacted and awoken. My mind wasn't going to fall for his little game.

"You don't know what does word mean and neither do I. I thought I loved you, but I guess I never did. I loved the idea of not being alone. Of not being single. It felt good to know that I had someone, even if it was a goddamn secret. But no, I awake now. Archer made me noticed something. You can force yourself to love a person, just like you can't stop. It's like a spark that may or may not start a fire. A wild and crazy fire. A fire you might even get to control. That's how it feels like"

I was pouring myself into those words. Never have I spoken with such precision and zeal. All the words, they were true.

I got close to Clark. Until we were a inch in front of each other. I looked deep into his eyes, almost challenging his power.

"Maybe Archer doesn't really love me but I don't care. You want to know why? Because he is better than you will ever be." I said.

It wouldn't be much to a normal person, but Clark's ego is too big and easily diminish. He frowned. He was probably thinking of some comeback but I knew he wouldn't have anything smart to say.

"You'll regret this, Mario. You had your chance. Now, you and your band of rejects are doom. You'll see. You'll be begging, baby." He said, like poison.

I close my eyes to push his words away. I opened them again he was gone. The park was completely empty and dark. The trees looked larger and the sounds grew keener. But there was no trace of Clark anywhere. Just a single drop of blood on the floor he stood. I gather the rest of my confidence and got out of the park and walked to my house.

It was a long walk but I got home. As quietly as I could I put the key on the lock and opened the door. I carefuly closed it. 

"You're finally home" a voice said.