Chapter 1

TW: violence

>3 weeks prior<

Ash blinked to take in his surroundings. It was a dark room, probably the inside of a warehouse judging by the crates. Then Ash noticed another detail, he was tied to the chair he was sitting in by ropes. Great, he knew exactly what was going on. This was confirmed as his eyes adjusted to the darkness, and two figures of a human and a tall pokemon came into view.

"You have got to be kidding me." he muttered. At this point it was ridiculous.

"Finally, I was wondering when you'd wake up." Sure enough, that was the familiar, honey sweet voice of his usual captor. Honey sweet?! Ash internally facepalmed at that. He wasn't supposed to like this criminal! Unfortunately, he'd fallen too far past the point of no return to ever go back.

"Why would you capture me again? I've barely recovered from last Tuesday."
"Because you're important to Team Rocket. I'm sure I've told you this before. The boss seems to have an interest in you."

"Well, could you let me go please? This is an inconvenient time..." Ash frowned, "I have somewhere I really need to be."

"Why would I just free you? I captured you in the first place!" He walked closer to stand in front of Ash. The latter hated to admit it but he looked good in this light. It highlighted his sky blue eyes.

"Because..." he floundered, "Because... You did last time!"

This seemed to catch the taller teen off guard, "I- I, uhm... It was different!" He stammered, blushing. Then he composed himself, "Anyway, I'm not letting you go. This time I intend to bring you back to headquarters."
"Yeah, like you've said every single time. How many at this point, 20, 30? I wouldn't be surprised." Ash smirked. Another thing, he loved to wind the Team Rocket operative up. Who knew why? (It was totally because he did this cute pouty thing when he was annoyed and Ash loved it. But no one could know that.)

The Team Rocket operative frowned, walking around the back of the chair Ash was tied to. Now all the brown eyed teen could see was Cinderace standing with his arms crossed in the corner. He wondered where Pikachu was.

"Stop making fun of me." He said. The cold tone sent shivers down Ash's spine. Then, suddenly, the world went dark.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I am so sorry." Goh whispered in Ash's ear as he untied the ropes. Even if he couldn't hear him, it was totally worth an apology.

"Cin, cinderace~~!" Cinderace's gruff voice had a hint of teasing.

"Oh, be quiet!" He blushed, "I'm just apologising to someone I just whacked round the head! I knocked him out, for Arceus' sake! I think he deserves an apology."
"Ace, cinder~~!"
Goh couldn't speak pokemon, but he'd known Cinderace long enough to get the gist of what it was saying, "Yes, I know he can't hear me! I'm not stupid!"

"Cind-"
"Are you just gonna stand there annoying me or will you help me untie these ropes?" Goh snapped.

Cinderace obliged, it knew how much it's trainer cared for this cap-wearing teen. It only wondered how long it would take for him to realise that the feeling's mutual.