Chapter 16 - The past

Start from the beginning

Boa and I both looked to Casey, then back at each other. It was clear, we both had no idea what she just said.

"Anyways Boa, How long have you been involved in all of this?"

She started walking again and moved her hand under her chin.

"Well, we stumbled upon this place when we were kids. Like when we're maybe sixteen? When we ran away from home."

"I see, so my entire life, even before me." I mumbled.

"Your feline friend over there was Salem's familiar. It's believed that if you're blood-related they can be passed down. Seems like that might be the case here." She said,

Familiar...?

"So like, my soul bond creature?" I asked.

"Yes, well." She glanced at Casey. "I think he's bonded to you both."

Thomas mowed and nuzzled my head. While Casey gasped.

"We have a baby Nyx!" Casey cheered and hopped up and down.

My cheeks flushed and I stumbled.

"A what!?"

Boa laughed.

"Aww, you two are like an old married couple anyways. Nyx, just grow a pair already. Ask her out, maybe I'll even give you two some alone time." She teased.

"We can make glitter zombies! With Victorian dresses!" Casey cheered.

I just blinked a few times.

"Back to reality, so mom. She was what exactly? A monster hunter or something?"

"No, not exactly. She was really good with a knife. However, me and her were just adventurers. We explored, got lost, had fun. Till she met Osiris that is.." Boa mumbled. "Kids are so overrated!"

"Yeah, when you're old and can't walk right anymore. I'll be the kid that kicks the cane from under you." I said.

"Rude!"

"Don't worry Aunt Boa! I'll come by and help you! I'll even bring stickies to cheer you up!"

She stopped walking and hugged Casey.

"You're the only kid that matters Casey! Save me from the big meanie Nyx!" Boa exclaimed.

I just rolled my eyes again. Even when I find out she's magical, she's still super annoying.

...

We eventually got back and we had to drop Casey off at home. We didn't want to risk her Abuela coming after us. So Boa dropped her off and we went to my new home. I didn't bother asking anything else. Wrapping my head around mom was enough to think about. The fact Thomas was her familiar prior. This was all just, way too much. I left Thomas with Casey too, I didn't trust Origin to not just eat Thomas in my sleep.

Once we arrived at the apartment Complex, Boa ran up to the building excitedly. It was about a twenty minute drive from Casey's place. The apartment complex was just this huge square brick. It was honestly unappealing, I was scared we were gonna be squished in a closet sized room...

"So I warn you, it's a bit messy. Didn't have enough simps to help me move." She warned as she scaled up to the top floor.

"Considering we're on the seventh floor. I don't really blame guys who are being fueled by a wink to do all this work."

"Hey, one guy got my half drank Pepsi." She said,

"You're such a problem..."

We finally came to a stop at the top floor, her snake opened its mouth and she pulled a key out from its throat. I shivered, I don't wanna sleep next to that thing...