Unanswered.

"Naruto." Naruto heard his muffled name slowly sink into his ears. "Naruto." Says the fimiliar voice again, making Naruto aware of his position. "Hm?" Naruto responded, then lifting his head off of the warm imprint it'd made during his slumber. He noticed a cold dampened rag fall from his face when he did that, and immediately felt where it'd fallen from out of curiosity. A slight pain caught Naruto's attention and he was instantly struck with confusion. "Do you remember last night?" Hinata asked the awakening man on their couch. Despite the discovery, he was still in a tired state, so she didn't really get much of an answer from him. "It's okay," Hinata told him and brung her hand to his forehead to check for an abnormal temperature. After assuring herself that her husband had no fever, she bought her lips to his head and lightly pressed them against the skin where she previously placed her palm. "When you're ready, I'll make you some tea and eggs, Darling." Hinata lifted herself from her knelt postion and walked off into the hallway. Naruto slowy moved around a little before positioning himself into a more appropriate manner. What had he done last night? The question was now repeating itself in his mind and so he began to collect his thoughts. 'I remember seeing Sasuke yesterday... and then...' He thought while trying to channel himself into that time. He couldn't remember right now, all he knew is that he had probably gotten punched in the face. Maybe it's just because he'd just awoken, but for some reason, the other night ago started feeling like something he should be able to remember like the taste of his favorite ramen.

At The Uchiha Household...

"Papa," Sarada called out to her father who stood near the doorway of their home. "When are you coming back home?" She asked with an upset undertone. "Soon." Sasuke stated, and swung his black cloak over his shoulder. Sarada pouted and looked at the floor while holding her wrist behind her back. Sasuke clasped the collar around his neck and then headed out the door. "Papa!" Sarada shouted, wishing to grab his attention before he had gone. Sasuke turned around and looked at her, awaiting whatever words she was going to say. "I love you," Told she and then hesitated a moment before running up to him to hold him in a deep embrace. Sasuke gently pushed her head against his torso in return to the heartfelt gesture. "I love you too, Sarada." He told her, and quickly left her where she stood.

At the Uzumaki household...

"Thanks, dear." Naruto said to Hinata and then rushed to the doorstep. "Naruto," She said, quickly following behind him. "Hm?" Naruto sounded, implying that he was attentive. "What happened between you and Sasuke last night?" Hinata said glancing at his lightly bruised left cheek. "I can't really recall." Naruto replied, and slid on his shoes. Hinata stood there in quiet for a bit, then left him be.

At The Hokage's Unit...

"Shika! C'mon, I said I'm sorry. I can barely even remember what happened yesterday!" "I sure remember," Shikamaru began, "You left me to clean up a huge mess, but fortunately I had some help from Shizune. Naruto, you can't act like the careless kid you once were... so don't apologize, instead be more responible next time." "I know that, and I take full responsibility for what I did. It's just that I haven't seen Sasuke in so long!" Naruto told Shikamaru, still searching for pity in his disappointed friend. "Sasuke can wait, on the other hand, these reqest forms from the Tschikage cannot." Shikamaru responded, and went to go answer a knock at the door. "From, Sasuke." Shizune asserted, and handed a scroll to Shikamaru. Shikamaru shut the door and sighed. "You've got a letter from your secret admirer." Shikamaru said, and grasped onto the end of it as he began walking back to his station. "Let me see." Naruto replied, looking at the scroll that immediately snatched his focus from the papers in front of him. "No can do, you've got work to do." "Shika-" "I'm doing my job as the Hokage's Advisor, Naruto. Now you do your job as the Hokage."
Shikamaru stated. Naruto couldn't argue with that, but it nonetheless bothered him. Knowing that he had to go an entire day without knowing the contents of Sasuke's message made him suffer. But overall, he knew Shikamaru was doing him a favor.

Later that night...

"When will we get this over with?" Naruto whined to his fixated Advisor. "When you make up the work you missed yesterday," Shikamaru said. "But I did it all." Naruto claimed, repetitively tapping his finger on the desk. "You're just trying to get to this." Shikamaru pulled out the scroll and waved it around to tease Naruto. "Hmph," Naruto glared at Shikamaru and looked back at his work. "Think about like this, for all of your hard work, this will be like a... reward or whatever." Shikamaru chuckled a little bit at that last part. He couldn't help but think about how weird his obsession with Sasuke was, and that was comical to poke fun at.
'A reward?!?! That's too far...' Naruto thought as he began dealing with the paperwork again.

Later into the Night...

"Alright, Naruto. That's enough for today. Let's get home." Shikamaru told the man sipping up the last drops of coffee in his cup. "Ah! The message!" Naruto abruptly reminded him. "Oh yeah," Shika grabbed it and threw it over to Naruto. "Finally!" Naruto exclaimed holding onto it in content. "Alright, Imma get going. See you tomorrow." "See you, Shika!" Naruto told him and began undoing the scroll. He opened it, eyes instantaneously latching onto Sasuke's calligraphy. Though it took a few minutes, the Uzumaki studied every word on the graph from the first to the last. The moment he stopped reading, he froze. At that very moment, Naruto's eyes stopped at the blank space between the final letter and the border of the scroll. He felt like he was in a trance, a dream, because whatever he had just read couldn't have been truthful in their reality. He was absolutely stunned... his mind, his body, all of him, was frozen. The world Naruto once believed kept him grounded, all of a sudden felt missing.
.
He's felt this.
.
After reading that letter, He knew it was the same feeling he had when Hinata announced that she was pregnant with Boruto, a life-changing feeling. This was all too much to process right now. The 'why's' and 'how's' flooded his mind like a hurricane and he couldn't go any longer without answers.
Naruto had to meet with Sasuke.