Beginning and End

I met him when I was nine during the autumn of 2005. The afternoon sky was a mixture of different shades of orange—beckoning the twilight to make its entrance. I was in the midst of admiring the sky’s serenity when a blue paper plane landed on our lawn.

“Hey,” A voice called out.

Right at that moment, when I turned around, I have witnessed an ocean trapped in the eyes of a boy whose raven black hair has curly locks.

“Could you hand me that plane?” He requested. His head was popped above our white picket fence.

I took the blue paper plane and noticed that its corners were almost wrinkled.

“”Pretty, isn’t it?” He said, noticing my wonder. “I could teach you how to make one.”

Hearing his proposal, an excited grin made its way on my face as I approached him, unaware that a certain bond is aboutto blossom.

Beneath the autumn sky, I heard his voice for the very first time.

Beneath the autumn sky, I met Isaac.

Beneath the autumn sky, I saw a sparkling ocean through his eyes.

All because of a single blue paper plane that accidentally landed on our lawn.

It was the genesis ofthe unbreakable string betweenus.

<:>

It was Saturday of Autumn 2006 when the both of us were settled in front of Isaac’s house with a bunch of papers.

“Right now, I’m folding papers but twelve years from now, I’ll be driving a real plane.” He said; faith was evident on his tone.

“I haven’t ridden one.” I muttered. “But I want to.”

“Nah don’t worry. You’ll be my stewa—“

“Oh look!” I exclaimed, pointing at the sky. “It’s an airplane!”

“Quick! Let’s chase it!” He commanded as he hastily stood up—a newly folded paper plane was in his hand.

Not a minute after his command, I find myself tagging behind him as he pursue the airplane which is a awfully far for the both of us yet we didn’t stop. Our arms were stretched out as we run, looking up at the plane untilit was curtained by thin layersof clouds.

<:>

I was ten when Isaac became my Romeo. When the sun was at its brightest and the trees were at their greenest, Isaac threw a pebble towards my window, creating a faint sound which caught my attention.

I looked down and saw him wearing his familiar grin. It was clear that there were some pebbles trapped in his left hand.

“Did I break your window?”

“Nope,”

“Great,” He chuckled. “Well then, I bought you something.”

He climbed the tree to get to my room and when he finally did, he handed me a paper bag.

“Tada,” He cheered. “A cotton candy for my best buddy!”

I took it from him, astonishment was seen through my eyes.

“I bought it before we got home.”He informed, taking a seat on my bed.

“Thanks,” I answered. “It reminds me of clouds.”

He clicked his tongue right after he heard my statement. “Ditto, it’s the very reason why I bought it.”

After taking a seat beside him, I opened the plastic bag and savoured the taste along with Isaac.