Turtlenecks and palazzo pants are worn on most mannequins. I like turtlenecks. I'd like a black one with ripped jeans.

I grab a turtleneck with my free hand and look around for ripped jeans. I spot some in the corner of my eyes and walk towards them.

"Which one do you think would fit me best, the blue one or black one?", I ask Drew, trying to cheer him up by talking to him.

-"Black would fit you best.", he says with his voice being slightly hoarse from the crying earlier.

I grab the jeans and head to the changing rooms with Drew, to check if it really does fit me. He sits on a chair to wait for me. I put both clothes on and exit.

"What do you think?", I smile.

-"Too much black, come.", Drew stands up from his chair.

He walks back in the pants area to grab dark red pants.

"Dark red?", I raise a brow.

-"Trust me.", he says.

We go back to the changing room and I change again.

"How do I look?", I question.

-"You look handsome.", he lets out blindly as I slightly blush.

-"I always look handsome.", I announce, proudly, "Well, then. We're buying those?", I point at the clothes I'm currently wearing.

-"Already?", he asks, surprised.

-"Yeah, let's check other boutiques!", I chuckle.

-"Zoey would've asked for more... Ugh.. I miss her so much...", he buries his face in his hands tiredly.

-"Drew..."

I grab both of his hands.

"Zoey doesn't deserve someone like you...", I begin, wrapping my arms around the smaller once more, as if keeping him safe, "She's a manipulator. She used you for money.", I carefully word.

-"What..?", he stays immobile.

I can feel his body tremble in my arms. He's feeling many emotions at once, that's for sure. Sadness, anger.. Jealousy, loneliness..?

I hug him tightly, not letting go. He doesn't hug back, he hides his face in my shoulder. I burry his face further into my shoulder. Two employees pass by, confused.

"Is everything okay here?", one asks.

-"Yes, don't worry.", I answer.

They hesitantly nod before disappearing. I cup Drew's face gently and reluctantly kiss his cheek in attempt to comfort him. He only continues to sob in my hands, looking at me then closing his eyes.

I feel so bad for him, he must feel so much pain... He loved Zoey, he really did! But not her... She abandoned him with no explanation, then backstabbed him lying about their break up on Instagram... and finally... She lied to him in front of his very own eyes, used him, cheated on him, hid things behind his back... only for him to find out at the worse time ever, after their break up. I should've waited before telling him that. I should think twice before speaking up. That's why I didn't tell him, I didn't know how he'd react...

"You deserve so much more, Drew...", I say.

-"All this time.. I trusted her... all this time..", Drew whispered, his anger now trying to hide his sadness.

I grab his hand and bring him in the changing room with me. I can't just leave him crying outside in public. With his hood, he looks depressed, which is actually the case.

I change back to normal, earning a confused look from the sobbing Drew.

"Y-You're not..?"

-"No, I'm not buying it. It wasn't the best idea to go shopping right now.", I look down on the floor.

He stays silent and picks up the red pants and turtleneck. He stopped sobbing but he's still crying silently.

"I must look pathetic right now...", he says.

-"No, you don't. You're expressing your feelings and that's a normal thing to do!", I caress his shoulder gently before leaving with him.

We put the clothes back where they were and exit the store.

"Are you hungry?", he asks me.

-"Yeah, you?"

He slowly nods his head.

"What do you want to eat?"

He shrugs, not looking at me. I sigh and put my arm around his shoulder. He doesn't even look surprised.

"How about pizza?", I shake him a little, to wake him up.

He shrugs.

"Then... a burger?"

He shrugs one more time.

"Ice cream?", I question.

He doesn't respond.

"Ice cream, then!", I exclaim, grabbing his hand, squeezing it.

We enter a McDonald's nearby and both order. We sit next to a window and wait for our orders to be ready.

Drew seems to be in a better mood. He still looks sad and extremely tired but it was worse earlier. I watch him hesitantly hold my hand across the table, looking away a bit after. I blush at that and smile gently. I've liked him for a while now... I never got the courage to tell him, though. But I'll confess to him one day, just you wait!

"Our food's ready.", he points out.

The place is a little crowded. I mean, we're in a McDonald's, and it's a Saturday.

I slowly stand up only to come back with our food in hand.

"Here you go!", I say, handing him his ice cream.

He grabs 50$ from his pocket and hands them to me. I look at him, confused.

"For the ice cream.", he mumbles.

—"It didn't cost much, no need to-"

—"It's also to thank you... You know, for being there for me today...", he shyly puts the money in my hand.

I chuckle at him. I give him back the money.

"Drew, look at me.", I say, cupping my own face, leaning against the table, "You don't need to give me anything. If I stayed with you all day, it's because I care about you, okay? If I'm able to make you feel better then that's more than enough for me. You're important to me, Drew."

I can see him get emotional, as he hides his face with his hands, leaning against the table as well.

"Uh, Drew..?", I poke his shoulder, getting worried.

He eventually sits back up, facing me.

"Thank you, Jake. For everything.", he smiles slightly.

I laugh and nod.

"Anytime."

We finish eating and head home. I'll probably sleep at his tonight, so he doesn't do anything stupid while I'm gone.

—————

Word count: 2222

Part 2 possible ;))) PART 2 PLAUSIBLE.

Liked the story? Vote! B)